Profile support for daylight savings time
Thread poster: xxxUSER0059
xxxUSER0059  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 20:18
English to Finnish
+ ...
Jul 25, 2008

ProZ.com profiles do not appear to support the concept of daylight savings time. My local time is therefore one hour off.

Of course, one could change one's time zone twice a year, but that would probably, on a site level, be a lot of work compared to adding a DST feature once and for all. (I even venture a guess that suitablish open-source code already is available for grabs somewhere.)

Direct link Reply with quote

Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:18
SITE STAFF
Added for development Jul 25, 2008

Great suggestion, Thor. This has already been added to our list of upcoming developments.

Best regards,

Jared

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 19:18
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Champion idea Thor... Jul 26, 2008

Thor Kottelin wrote:

ProZ.com profiles do not appear to support the concept of daylight savings time. My local time is therefore one hour off.

Of course, one could change one's time zone twice a year, but that would probably, on a site level, be a lot of work compared to adding a DST feature once and for all. (I even venture a guess that suitablish open-source code already is available for grabs somewhere.)

It will add character to the professionalism of an already good site! Go for it, ProZ.com, and thanks for everything so far...

Bill (holidaying in the beautiful fjord area of Western Norway, 33 degrees C today!)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile support for daylight savings time

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs