ProZ.com to go - any plans on mobile version?
Thread poster: Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Jul 29, 2008

Dear fellow ProZians,

Given the fact that portable and mobile communication devices (mobiles, Blackberry etc) nowadays can be very useful tools for getting online when you're travelling, I was wondering if there are any plans for a mobile version of Proz.com. This "ProZ.com to go" would add much value to the site, especially for those who want to check up new job assignments.

Kind regards
Erik

Heather Shaw
Heather Shaw  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:48
Arabic to English
+ ...
Very good suggestion! Jul 29, 2008

I think that would be great - but then again, I suppose that freelance translators, being the workaholics that they are, will find it even more difficult to be "off work".

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 04:48
SITE STAFF
Mobile version for jobs Jul 29, 2008

Hello Erik,

At the moment, there is a mobile version for viewing jobs: http://www.proz.com/?sp=mobile_jobs . Note that the jobs you view here depend on the search settings you've saved at http://www.proz.com/?sp=jobs .

Best regards,

Jared

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Jared Jul 30, 2008

Thank you for your information, Jared.

Is this merely a beta version, or is there a place on the ProZ.com site where I can read more about it? There's no information whatsoever about this mobile feature in the Jobs section. Maybe it would be a good idea to get a mobile connection to the KudoZ section, e.g. medical terms for help in a foreign country, or culinary glossaries during vacations etc.

These are just some less coordinated ideas about features in a mobile vers
... See more
Thank you for your information, Jared.

Is this merely a beta version, or is there a place on the ProZ.com site where I can read more about it? There's no information whatsoever about this mobile feature in the Jobs section. Maybe it would be a good idea to get a mobile connection to the KudoZ section, e.g. medical terms for help in a foreign country, or culinary glossaries during vacations etc.

These are just some less coordinated ideas about features in a mobile version - I simply think it's not enough just to offer the Jobs section only.
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 09:48
English to German
+ ...
Great idea.. Jul 30, 2008

Hi! I know a couple of portals that inform via mail directly to my mobile phone. BR Brandis

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 04:48
SITE STAFF
Beta version for jobs Jul 30, 2008

Hi Erik,

The jobs for mobile phones is beta, yes. Other areas of the site may be made available in mobile versions in the future.

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com to go - any plans on mobile version?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »