Mobile menu

Add a view most recent posting to the list forums (K)
Thread poster: schmurr

schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:45
Italian to German
+ ...
May 20, 2003

As for me, besides KudoZ, the Forums are the feature I use most often.

NOT the home page forum postings list, because you can\'t even see if answers arrived, and most postings have already disappeared from the home page by the time several important answers arrive;

NOR the \"List Forums\" page because it\'s unpractical to have to choose one of so many forums without knowing what has been posted there recently;

BUT it\'s the \"View more recent forum postings\" page that is the most useful and interesting! Could it not be added to the \"List forums\" link in the \"Communities\" popup menu?

Ciao from Italy

P.S.: I dropped the \"replace\" proposal for sympathy with Ralf, but my experience has taught me that, once postings disappear from the \"View more\" page, they hardly get replies anymore.

-- I just saw that if you edit a posting, your title is canceled except the first 3 words. I agree that shorter titles are better, but…

[ This Message was edited by: schmurr on 2003-05-20 13:24]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 17:03]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:45
English to German
+ ...
Please keep the forums list May 20, 2003

Sorry, Martin - for me it\'s exactly the opposite; I always use the forums list. If \"More recent...\" is added, that\'s no problem, of course, but it should not replace the list.

Cheers, Ralf

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:45
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Keep both lists May 20, 2003

I find both lists useful.

It should be possible to switch between them, or jump to the most useful in any moment.

Currently the most recent posts is available from the Home page only, it should be available from the general list too.

Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:45
Member (2003)
English to Swedish
+ ...
I like the idea.... May 20, 2003

... but like Gianfranco says, I\'d like to keep the old one and have an option to toggle between that view and a \'recent postings\' view.

Many sites will, when you choose \'recent postings\', have a tree set up like in Windows Explorer, so that you will be able to see exactly in which forum the message was listed and you could also click to go to that forum to read all messages in that particular forum.

[Edited at 2003-05-20 17:11]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add a view most recent posting to the list forums (K)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs