https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/115-about_proz_henry_troy_.html

About ProZ, Henry, Troy, ...
Thread poster: eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 23, 2001

I think it\'s time that someone thanked Henry, Troy and everyone else in the ProZ team for their efforts.

Running a site like this is not easy, and there will always be technical glitches, changes, ....

ProZ is a work-in-process, if you will, and, actually, I think, it will never be a finished product: in order to keep this site alive and well, it will have to be updated and improved upon continuously.

ProZ is definitely the best sit
... See more
I think it\'s time that someone thanked Henry, Troy and everyone else in the ProZ team for their efforts.

Running a site like this is not easy, and there will always be technical glitches, changes, ....

ProZ is a work-in-process, if you will, and, actually, I think, it will never be a finished product: in order to keep this site alive and well, it will have to be updated and improved upon continuously.

ProZ is definitely the best site for translators around - I can say this even after experiencing some problems with Henry and ProZ myself in the past. But this is what makes you see the benefits offered by ProZ. And the fact there are problems sometimes - and there always will be - makes this a very exciting site; you just never know what to expect

I wish ProZ and the whole team (as well as ourselves) many successful years. Keep up the good work! - And don\'t be afraid to try new and, perhaps, radical things.
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 19:19
SITE FOUNDER
Jun 24, 2001

Yes, this site is a work in progress.

Some of what we try works, some doesn\'t. I ask for users\' patience and feedback; with that, we will be able to build more useful tools, and a richer community.

Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 04:49
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 25, 2001

Some good comments. Well, that\'s true. I have been an old self-styled ProZ advocate with no problems with Henry or anyone at ProZ.
[addsig]

Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Local time: 04:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 26, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-06-24 05:38, Henry wrote:

Some of what we try works, some doesn\'t. I ask for users\' patience and feedback; with that, we will be able to build more useful tools, and a richer community.

Oh! This is a great site for translators. If you are stuck up even with the most difficult translation, you can ask help from proz.co... See more
Quote:

On 2001-06-24 05:38, Henry wrote:

Oh! This is a great site for translators. If you are stuck up even with the most difficult translation, you can ask help from proz.com colleagues. The term answering section is the USP of this site. As far as jobs are concerned,it is difficult to say who bags the jobs. Incidentally for me, I got jobs through proz.com from posters who had given clearly their e- mail address. I nver got any job from posters who did not give their e- mail addresses( jobs not directly routed). So I only quote for those jobs that are posted with e- mail address.

Collapse

BarbaraW (X)
BarbaraW (X)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 2, 2001

Thank you!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-08-14 07:06 ]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About ProZ, Henry, Troy, ...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »