Mobile menu

Blueboard entries with no information
Thread poster: Robert Pranagal

Robert Pranagal
Local time: 20:04
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 5, 2003

I believe that no BrowniZ/cents should be charged for accessing Blueboard entries containing no information, such as:

http://www.proz.com/blueboard/529?

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxGAK  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Agree Jun 5, 2003

I totally agree to this suggestion. It happened to me a few times that I wanted to have a look at the Blue Board and it contained absolutely no information (except adress etc.) about the company in question.

Greetings
Anett

[Edited at 2003-06-05 09:11]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Completed contact details Jun 5, 2003

Hi Robert,
I take it your comment refers to www.proz.com/blueboard/529 (the URL you quoted includes a "?").

Please note that the number of reviews (zero in this case) is shown before you access the agency. I corrected the link to the company website and added contact information (taken from their website) as well as a link to their ProZ.com user profile.

HTH - best regards, Ralf

[Edited at 2003-06-05 09:16]

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Yes, but... Jun 5, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Please note that the number of reviews (zero in this case) is shown before you access the agency.

... not if you take the direct link from a job posting, I think. You are only able to view the no. of posted comments for an agency if you use the BlueBoard entry page.

Regards,

Sonja

Robert Pranagal
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No address Jun 5, 2003

Exactly!

The link from the job bidding page takes you directly to "paying" page.

Additionally, I believe that Blue Board entry should contain the address/contact detail for the agency as required fields.
In case of the link I quoted before, the only data available was name and country. I know, it is updated now, but initially, there was virtually nothing.

Best regards,

RP

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
No automatic entries... Jun 5, 2003

Robert Pranagal wrote:

I know, it is updated now, but initially, there was virtually nothing.

Hi,

entries are not created automatically, that is what you read in a fresh (unfortunately, not only) entry, is what a colleague has entered

Well, any member, who adds an agency, should try to look for some details before entering anything: only a name and a Country won't help much.

We add details, when we see that they are missing, but until now it was 85% a matter of coincidence and 15% a piece of information received from a member.

We can have a better Blue Board, only if there's cooperation between members and coordinators.

Giuliana

Robert Pranagal
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Required fields a solution Jun 5, 2003

We add details, when we see that they are missing, but until now it was 85% a matter of coincidence and 15% a piece of information received from a member.

We can have a better Blue Board, only if there's cooperation between members and coordinators.

Required fields would be a solution.
When someone enters a new agency into the BlueBoard, they would need to provide the address and contact details as a must.

I believe this would not only improve the quality of the list, but yield more precise answers, since there often exists different agencies with similar name, even in the same country.

Best regards,

RP

Giuliana[/quote]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Number of comments now shown beforehand Jun 16, 2003

Hi Robert and all,
The link from the job bidding page takes you directly to "paying" page.

Boyan has added that function - the number of ratings is now shown on the page where you pay either using BrowniZ or 50 cents.

HTH - best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blueboard entries with no information

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs