Mobile menu

Events calendar
Thread poster: Niraja Nanjundan
Niraja Nanjundan  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:41
German to English
Oct 17, 2008

I think it would be nice to have a separate page with an events calendar, listing all the events for translators and interpreters taking place every year. I know the ProZ.com events are listed on the powwow and conference pages, but the kind of events calendar I am suggesting would also list non-ProZ.com events. Members could also enter any events they are organising or know of on the events calendar. A link to the information and registration pages for each event could also be provided. There is a forum for announcing language industry events, but the advantage of an events calendar is that you can see all the events on one page at a glance.

[Edited at 2008-10-17 03:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

Karen Stokes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:11
Member (2003)
French to English
ICE Oct 17, 2008

There is an International Calendar of Events (ICE) on the ITI website (www.iti.org.uk) for anyone who wants to check what non-ProZ events are going on around the world.

German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Karen Oct 17, 2008

I noticed that many other translator related websites have such calendars. That's why I thought it might be nice to have one on ProZ.com too.

Maksym Kozub  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:11
Member (2008)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Seconded Aug 25, 2009

I was going to create a new topic with the same suggestion, but found this one.
We do have Language Industry Events 4 Announcements within site forums, but I would like to see a more structured calendar. It would also be nice if we could indicate we are going to attend some event, so that other members would see we are going to be there. For example, I am going to attend a (non-ProZ) conference, and I am interested in meeting fellow ProZians there. Currently, the only way for us to let each other know that we will come to the conference is to send a private message ot to post in the forum (after making a topic in Language Industry Events 4 Announcements). It would be much faster and easier if I could just create an event in the calendar, or to indicate my interest in the event created by somebody else. See e.g. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=202632065227.

[Редактировалось 2009-08-25 10:17 GMT]

German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Maksym Aug 25, 2009

There is an events calendar now. You can access it if you look under the community tab at the top of the page.

Maksym Kozub wrote:
I am going to attend a (non-ProZ) conference, and I am interested in meeting fellow ProZians there....It would be much faster and easier if I could just create an event in the calendar, or to indicate my interest in the event created by somebody else.

Yes, this would be a good way of letting people know of non-ProZ.com translator events. I wonder if something like this could be added.

Maksym Kozub  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:11
Member (2008)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
"Non-ProZ" is the key part Aug 25, 2009

Niraja Nanjundan wrote:

There is an events calendar now. You can access it if you look under the community tab at the top of the page.
Thank you Niraja, I know about that calendar. Maybe I have not been clear enough in my previous message. The key feature I am missing, which has not been available in that calendar, is about
letting people know of non-ProZ.com translator events
in the same structured way as we can do it for ProZ events.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Events calendar

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs