Mobile menu

Localize time zones (G)
Thread poster: jmadsen

jmadsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:48
Jun 26, 2003

Why not indicate the time zone when offers are restricted by a time threshold?
It can be a confusing for those who live outside Eastern Time.

Rgz Jørgen Madsen

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 21:44]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ... uses UTC (GMT) Jun 26, 2003

Have a look at the FAQ list:

All times shown on the site are in GMT. Users (job posters, for example) may specify different time zones in the their messages, of course, but any time that is controlled by the site is stored and displayed in GMT.

Best regards, Ralf

Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:48
Danish to English
+ ...
time zone Jun 26, 2003

After you take the time zone given in the Proz site, I suggest when you respond to a prospective client that you calculate your allowed working time accordingly. I.e., from Europe you either work on European time or remove 8-12 hours from your work schedule on that project.

When I reply to a prospective job offer, I always point out the time zone difference, and (in some instances) have received a 24 hour extension. But when I cannot get the work without an extension and I accept that job, I set my alarm clock according to my client's time zone.

jmadsen  Identity Verified
Fine, but why not just include the "(GMT)"? Jun 26, 2003

...and my question was not: "What time zone is this?"
As for my self, I don't have time to surf the site for hours (I have work to do), and I'm sure many others feel the same.
A simple adding of "(GMT)" would be a very easy change and would add user friendliness to the site so that users don't have to trawl the FAQ all the time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Localize time zones (G)

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs