https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/12147-bb_agencies_helping_us_to_get_id_verified_comment_on_our_work_d.html

BB agencies helping us to get ID verified/comment on our work (D)
Thread poster: Atenea Acevedo (X)
Atenea Acevedo (X)
Atenea Acevedo (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 26, 2003

Hi, everyone,

I was wondering whether agencies we've worked for and who belong to ProZ could be able to:

1. Get our ID verified, particularly those of us who haven't been at any POWWOW.

2. Provide info on the quality of our work in our profiles.

What do you think?

Cheers from Mexico,
Atenea

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 21:38]

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 03:53
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
We gladly would do it Jun 26, 2003

In my experience, up to now all translators contacted via ProZ, who have done a job for us, have done it well, so we gladly would give assessment, if asked, and also verify those, whom we have paid for job to their name account or credit card.

Uldis

Atenea Acevedo wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I was wondering whether agencies we've worked for and who belong to ProZ could be able to:

1. Get our ID verified, particularly those of us who haven't been at any POWWOW.

2. Provide info on the quality of our work in our profiles.

What do you think?

Cheers from Mexico,
Atenea

Jana Teteris
Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:53
Latvian to English
+ ...
Who verifies the agencies' identities? Jun 27, 2003

Whilst not wishing to cause any offence to legitimate translation agencies, how would you propose that the identity of a translation agency be verified?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:53
English to German
+ ...
A few points to note Jun 27, 2003

Hi all,
I would just like to add a few points here - some of the suggestions are being worked upon or were, in fact, discussed:

- Using agencies to confirm members' identity would only work if agency staff has met the member in person - in most instances, that's not the case.

- We're currently working on how to VID agencies - obviously, that's not quite as easy as VID'ing a person, but we believe that it's possible. Since this requires changes to the way me
... See more
Hi all,
I would just like to add a few points here - some of the suggestions are being worked upon or were, in fact, discussed:

- Using agencies to confirm members' identity would only work if agency staff has met the member in person - in most instances, that's not the case.

- We're currently working on how to VID agencies - obviously, that's not quite as easy as VID'ing a person, but we believe that it's possible. Since this requires changes to the way member records are organised in the database, it will take a bit longer to implement, though.

- Establishing a feedback mechanism for agencies (something like a "reverse BB") is a sensitive issue, since the feedback might also be negative. This doesn't mean it's impossible, but we need to look at mechanisms to keep the process balanced and fair.

Thanks for your input!
Best regards, Ralf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BB agencies helping us to get ID verified/comment on our work (D)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »