Mobile menu

Suggestion for a multilingual entry function for member glossaries (K)
Thread poster: Özden Arıkan

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:35
English to Turkish
Jul 1, 2003

It occurred to me while trying to build up a glossary with the local versions of geographical and royal names. In case I choose to upload this, I'll have to make several glossaries, for the current glossary feature doesn't allow me to choose more than two languages at a time. But it would have been much more practical to have all the language versions neatly put together in one glossary. I believe such a feature would be still more functional for members working with more than one language pair.

And a problem I have with the glossaries: Edit function seems to be off. Is this a temporary situation, or is it not in fact possible to edit an entry once it's made. If the latter is the case, I think it's not in line with the essential function of a glossary tool at all. I'd appreciate some staff comment on this problem as well.

All the best to all,
Xola

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 21:37]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion for a multilingual entry function for member glossaries (K)

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs