Mobile menu

Suggestion for a multilingual entry function for member glossaries (K)
Thread poster: Özden Arıkan

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:17
English to Turkish
Jul 1, 2003

It occurred to me while trying to build up a glossary with the local versions of geographical and royal names. In case I choose to upload this, I'll have to make several glossaries, for the current glossary feature doesn't allow me to choose more than two languages at a time. But it would have been much more practical to have all the language versions neatly put together in one glossary. I believe such a feature would be still more functional for members working with more than one language pair.

And a problem I have with the glossaries: Edit function seems to be off. Is this a temporary situation, or is it not in fact possible to edit an entry once it's made. If the latter is the case, I think it's not in line with the essential function of a glossary tool at all. I'd appreciate some staff comment on this problem as well.

All the best to all,

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 21:37]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion for a multilingual entry function for member glossaries (K)

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs