Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oops... Dec 16, 2008

Magda Dziadosz wrote:

It always amazes me how many people do not know how to use a spell checker for their forum posts.

Magda

I must be missing something...

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:20
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Two major objections Dec 16, 2008

I see two major problems with this suggestion.

The first is a technical problem. It should be checked if this particular software you suggest can be linked to an on-line forum such as this one, and there is no guarantee that the connection is technically possible.

Second issue...
Felipe Gútiez wrote:
ProZ could demand some money to the software producers in order to let them be used in ProZ.

I believe that Whitesmoke is in business to make money from their products, not to pay for having them used.

Felipe, try and ask them... or, just imagine to be in their shoes, if you had a product that costs a lot of time and money to develop, refine and market, would you PAY for having it used by hundreds or thousand of potential buyers, instead of SELLING it?

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2008-12-16 12:37 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English programs for fora in ProZ

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »