Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:24
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Jan 6, 2009

I noticed with some disappointment already some time ago that our old profile has been abandoned - I don't recall having read something about this.

I for one loved particularly at least one feature: we were able to look up ALL our own posts back until the first one, and not only the last ones like in the new profile (= one page). Given the difficulties to retrieve anything via the forum research, I used to look up my own posts in order to find a thread, maybe way back, I was interes
... See more
I noticed with some disappointment already some time ago that our old profile has been abandoned - I don't recall having read something about this.

I for one loved particularly at least one feature: we were able to look up ALL our own posts back until the first one, and not only the last ones like in the new profile (= one page). Given the difficulties to retrieve anything via the forum research, I used to look up my own posts in order to find a thread, maybe way back, I was interested and had participated in.

I wonder whether I am the only one that is missing this feature in the new profile. Showing only the last posts is nearly useless in my opinion as you could find them anyway in the list of the most recent forum posts.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-01-06 14:20 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-01-06 14:21 GMT]
Collapse

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Use "My forum posts" feature under "My ProZ.com" Jan 6, 2009

Hi Christel,

I see your point but you can use the "My forum posts" feature instead. To access it, go to the "My ProZ.com" tab in the top navigation bar and select "My forum posts" in the dropdown menu

Steffen

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi, Steffen, Jan 6, 2009

thank you, I didn't notice this. I don't easily see the last items in the dropdown menu (too long...) on my screen but now have assigned a keyword for this feature in Firefox so I can get there immediately.

Have a nice day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Searching our own forum posts in our (new) profile

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »