Thread poster: Jack Doughty

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:31
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Jan 6, 2009

A French newcomer with no English was complaining that the site was all in English, so I wanted to explain how to change the site language.
The only way I have found to do it is through the site map.
From Home page, at bottom, under column "ProZ.com", select "Site map".
On site map, scroll down to "My ProZ.com."
From there, select "My settings".
From there, select "site language" and change it to what you want.

But if I go direct to "My Proz.com" from the top of the home page, and select "My settings", it does not give me an option for changing the site language.

Why this discrepancy?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jared Tabor
Local time: 15:31
SITE STAFF
Thanks Jack Jan 6, 2009

Hello Jack,

Thanks for pointing this out, you're right-- and thanks for guiding the newcomer! The setting of site language from that area may be outdated, I will look into making sure the options provided from both areas are consistent.

Note that now, on most site pages you can set the site language at the bottom right corner of the page, by selecting the language you prefer and clicking on the "Set" button.

Best regards,

Jared

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:31
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK Jared, here's another one for you. Jan 6, 2009

In this thread, and in the French thread in which I posted on the same subject. I find I have no means of editing my own posts. Is this a new "improvement", or is it a bug?

Jared Tabor
Local time: 15:31
SITE STAFF
Uh-oh Jan 6, 2009

Hello Jack,

Logged in as you I see the "Edit" button for your posts. May I ask you to submit a support request with a screenshot of what you are seeing, to allow our developers to look into what the problem might be? Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"My Proz.com" different when accessed from top menu and from site map

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs