Please stop all requests for information regarding agencies (Staff:'done')
Thread poster: Linda Young (X)
Linda Young (X)
Linda Young (X)
Local time: 12:52
French to English
+ ...
Jul 7, 2003

I really do believe that all jobs that are now coming in for platinum members are fine, and if I decide to upgrage that is just cool. But at the same time if platinum members are considered to be better than guests members, then I feel that other members looking for info on certain agencies should be restricted to platinum members only as well, as obviously they are they are the only people who have the correct experience. Either we are respected as members of this group or not, but abusing our... See more
I really do believe that all jobs that are now coming in for platinum members are fine, and if I decide to upgrage that is just cool. But at the same time if platinum members are considered to be better than guests members, then I feel that other members looking for info on certain agencies should be restricted to platinum members only as well, as obviously they are they are the only people who have the correct experience. Either we are respected as members of this group or not, but abusing our experience as freelancers and not members should stop!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 22:20]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:52
SITE FOUNDER
Why? Jul 7, 2003

Linda Bellegarde wrote:

...if platinum members are considered to be better than guests members...

As far as I know, no one has said that paying members are "better" than non-paying members. (If anyone has said it, they should not have.) Therefore, I do not see any merit in this proposal. After all, non-paying members also use the Blue Board.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:52
English to German
+ ...
Check your email settings Jul 7, 2003

Hi Linda,
Note that I disagree with your statement that email notifications for the Blue Board are "abuse".

It's very easy to stop receiving them - just edit the email settings in your profile (uncheck the top box under "Other notifications"). Simple, really...

HTH - Ralf

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:52
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Make provision for limitation of countries in Blue Board notifications Jul 8, 2003

I think this has been raised before, but at a time when a lot of redesigning of the site is in progress, it might be worth mentioning again.
I am willing to help with the Blue Board process, but 99+% of my experience has been of UK agencies, and I would prefer it if my Blue Board notifications could be limited to them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please stop all requests for information regarding agencies (Staff:'done')

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »