How about a "favorite posts" or "bookmark this post" feature?
Thread poster: Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 13:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 28, 2009

Hello everyone!

I just saw a post on the forums on the very popular subject of how to raise one's rates. I remember that a LONG time ago I read a post that had excelent suggestions on this subject and I would've loved to point the asker that way... but now I cannot find that post. Sooo:

I think that it would be REALLY useful to have a feature that allowed us to save or mark specific posts within a thread (not the threads themselves) that we find particularly g
... See more
Hello everyone!

I just saw a post on the forums on the very popular subject of how to raise one's rates. I remember that a LONG time ago I read a post that had excelent suggestions on this subject and I would've loved to point the asker that way... but now I cannot find that post. Sooo:

I think that it would be REALLY useful to have a feature that allowed us to save or mark specific posts within a thread (not the threads themselves) that we find particularly good, interesting, etc. and that we think might come in handy in the future.

I don't mean the "my forum posts" feature that we have in our profiles, since that only includes our own posts. I mean something along the lines of Gmail's "star" feature. Perhaps adding a little "+" sign on the corner of each post, that we can click in order to save them directly to a "favourite posts" section?

I remember I made a similar suggestion a long time ago, but didn't get many responses back then (that I know of, at least). Soo, I'd like to give it another shot.

Greetings

Andrea
Collapse

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:10
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Totally seconded! Jan 29, 2009

If I remember well, this has been proposed even more than once.

It would be an extremely useful feature, indeed! I never find again the threads I am interested in.

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Thirded... Jan 29, 2009

I have to agree; this would be a nice feature.

Annett Hieber
Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Helpful and time-saving Jan 29, 2009

I absolutely support this suggestion. Often I read something interesting and don't find it later (or need a long time), because I want to look up a good advice or recommendation the moment I need it.

Annett

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes please Jan 29, 2009

I would find this very useful. Excellent idea.

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:10
Russian to English
+ ...
Me too Jan 29, 2009

I've tried to devise a system of copying selections to a text editor and filing them in the computer, but most of the time they just get lost in the shuffle.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:10
SITE STAFF
Nice idea Jan 29, 2009

Hello all,

Thanks Andrea for re-proposing this, and to everyone else who has posted, for providing your feedback on the idea. It sounds like a nice idea; I have entered this idea for development.

Best regards,

Jared

Aniello Scognamiglio (X)
Aniello Scognamiglio (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Very useful feature - time is money :-) Jan 29, 2009

Please implement it!

Many thanks,
Aniello

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
You can use the Link button Jan 29, 2009

Hi everyone,

This is not exactly what Andrea suggests, but you can bookmark individual posts by right-clicking the Link button under the post and choosing your browser's "Add to Bookmarks" command.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
+0 Jan 29, 2009

ariffo wrote:
I think that it would be REALLY useful to have a feature that allowed us to save or mark specific posts within a thread (not the threads themselves) that we find particularly good, interesting, etc. and that we think might come in handy in the future.

I don't see how this could be useful, but I would have no objection. Think about it... after a number of weeks you'd have scores and scores of "favourite" posts and you won't be able to see the wood for the trees.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How about a "favorite posts" or "bookmark this post" feature?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »