there should be another way to use Kudoz - monolingual (staff: 'done')
Thread poster: Boonpak
Boonpak
Boonpak
Local time: 10:26
English to Thai
+ ...
Jun 29, 2001

Sometime I want to ask a very specific question. It is the translation from English to Thai regarding very in-depth law matters. But there is not enough Thai translator to answer my question quick enough.And what I need is not the translated Thai word. But just an understanding of English pharse.

So there should be another section. It is \"English Natives\"(and also French Native,Thai Native and so on) section which have translator in specific field eg, law , computer , etc.
... See more
Sometime I want to ask a very specific question. It is the translation from English to Thai regarding very in-depth law matters. But there is not enough Thai translator to answer my question quick enough.And what I need is not the translated Thai word. But just an understanding of English pharse.

So there should be another section. It is \"English Natives\"(and also French Native,Thai Native and so on) section which have translator in specific field eg, law , computer , etc.

I wonder how many people agree with me , should we vote ?
Collapse

Sarah Brenchley
Sarah Brenchley  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:26
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 1, 2001

I might be mistaken on this one (it\'s just what seems to be happening) but I think there is already a section where this type of question is asked and that\'s the \"English\" to \"zzz Other zzz\" language pair, where people ask questions about the site and one language. Try it and see if it works.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 23:26
SITE FOUNDER
Jul 2, 2001

Thanks for the suggestion, boonpak. I have added the option of asking monolingual questions. Monolingual questions will be posted on the site, but for now, they will not be mailed out.

Sarah: I was not aware that KudoZ had been used in that way. Interesting!

eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 2, 2001

Yes, the ProZ community is quite resourceful, eh?

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
French to English
Jul 3, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-07-02 15:39, Henry wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, boonpak. I have added the option of asking monolingual questions. Monolingual questions will be posted on the site, but for now, they will not be mailed out.

Excellent. I recall having helped out one chap doing... See more
Quote:

On 2001-07-02 15:39, Henry wrote:

Excellent. I recall having helped out one chap doing Russian because he needed help with understanding a Northern English context on a literary text he was working on. I grew up in the North of England and could help on colloquial expressions, life-style etc. It went over to a bit of short-term e-mail correpsondence for help, \"off-Proz\". Nice chap who was glad of the help, so grateful that it was a pleasure to be of assistance! ▲ Collapse

Blanca Rodriguez
Blanca Rodriguez
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 22, 2001

\"I grew up in the North of England and could help on colloquial expressions, life-style etc.\"

Reallly? Where if I may ask? I have lived in Bramhall (a Victorian village near Manchester) for some 6 months and I am absolutely in love with Northern England.

P.S: Sorry I used the forum for this, but just couldn\'t help it
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

there should be another way to use Kudoz - monolingual (staff: 'done')

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »