Reduce the number of agree emails going out ('please opt out when answering')
Thread poster: Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:39
Italian to German
Feb 9, 2002

I found 20 \"Agrees\" in my mail today concerning just 3 answers which were quite banal and obvious. I appreciate everybody\'s good will, but I wonder if we could adopt a line of conduct like this:

1) never more than 3 \"Agrees\" per answer except if it\'s an unexpected one

2) no more than 1 or 2 \"Agrees\" if the answer is the only one proposed (except if it\'s an unexpected one) (of course there MAY arrive more answers later, but grade what you see)... See more
I found 20 \"Agrees\" in my mail today concerning just 3 answers which were quite banal and obvious. I appreciate everybody\'s good will, but I wonder if we could adopt a line of conduct like this:

1) never more than 3 \"Agrees\" per answer except if it\'s an unexpected one

2) no more than 1 or 2 \"Agrees\" if the answer is the only one proposed (except if it\'s an unexpected one) (of course there MAY arrive more answers later, but grade what you see)

3) NO grading of obvious translations like proper names and placenames, \"Milan\", \"cat\" etc

Please agree!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-07 09:50]
Collapse

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:39
English to Spanish
Why? Feb 11, 2002

Sorry, but why would you want to do that? I can see no benefits (except for a few less e-mails in your inbox) and a big problem (what happens if you don\'t revisit questions and new, better answers come up? and who revisits questions? I don\'t, except in a few, very interesting or conflictive cases.)

Andrea

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 18:39
German to English
+ ...
I agree with Andrea Feb 11, 2002

Just grin and bear it

Or disable the \"agree/disagree notification\" feature before posting an answer.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
I agree with Andrea and Werner Feb 11, 2002

Sometimes the grading process develops into an interesting discussion (ok, sometimes it\'s just \'tit for tat\', but I guess you can\'t get one without the other...).

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
resolved! Feb 11, 2002

thanks, Andrea, for suggesting to disable the \"agree/disagree notification\" feature! I didn\'t know that! of course I\'ll use it only for the easy answers and appreciate comments on all my other future answers.

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:39
English to Spanish
Disagree! ;-) Feb 11, 2002

That was Werner\'s suggestion, not mine

Cheers,

Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reduce the number of agree emails going out ('please opt out when answering')

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »