What have you guys done to the home page?? (Staff: nothing)
Thread poster: Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:41
Russian to English
+ ...
Apr 9, 2009

I woke up this morning, looked at ProZ, and couldn't find anything on the home page. It's bad enough that my grocery store keeps rearranging everything so you can't find the tahini or soy sauce anymore.

The forum posts! Used to be you could see some of yesterday's posts--no more! There's not even a place that tells you where you can FIND yesterday's posts (I know, because I'm a long-time user, but it took a round-about method).

As said in the "Li'l Abner" musical of my
... See more
I woke up this morning, looked at ProZ, and couldn't find anything on the home page. It's bad enough that my grocery store keeps rearranging everything so you can't find the tahini or soy sauce anymore.

The forum posts! Used to be you could see some of yesterday's posts--no more! There's not even a place that tells you where you can FIND yesterday's posts (I know, because I'm a long-time user, but it took a round-about method).

As said in the "Li'l Abner" musical of my childhood, "Put 'em back the way they was!"

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-09 12:02 GMT]
Collapse

Jocelyne S
Jocelyne S  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:41
French to English
+ ...
That's odd... Apr 9, 2009

My home page looks the same today as it did yesterday and has for the past few months.

Are you sure that you did not accidentally get logged out?

Evija Rimšāne
Evija Rimšāne  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:41
English to Latvian
indeed odd Apr 9, 2009

My home page looks exactly the same as always

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 17:41
SITE STAFF
It's 11:55 GMT and all's well Apr 9, 2009

Hi Susan,

Everything seems to be normal on the homepage. If you are having difficulty, the best thing to do would be to submit a support request with a screenshot of what you are seeing, so that it can be looked into. Thanks.

By the way, if anything, you should notice some other changes to the homepage, the tab menus are being organized, the login/info box at the top has changed a bit-- that's Colin working on some improvemen
... See more
Hi Susan,

Everything seems to be normal on the homepage. If you are having difficulty, the best thing to do would be to submit a support request with a screenshot of what you are seeing, so that it can be looked into. Thanks.

By the way, if anything, you should notice some other changes to the homepage, the tab menus are being organized, the login/info box at the top has changed a bit-- that's Colin working on some improvements.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Old site design Apr 9, 2009

Hi again,

Susan, I see you are using the old site design. This shouldn't affect your seeing your homepage forums, of course. To view the site through the new design (which is a lot nicer and easier to navigate), all you have to do is click on the "Switch design" icon which will appear at the top and bottom of your screen.

Jared

Susan Welsh
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ah-ha! Apr 9, 2009

Jared wrote:

Susan, I see you are using the old site design. This shouldn't affect your seeing your homepage forums, of course. To view the site through the new design (which is a lot nicer and easier to navigate), all you have to do is click on the "Switch design" icon which will appear at the top and bottom of your screen.

Jared

That's it! Last night I was looking for the tiny "print format" (or something like that) button at the very bottom right of a forum page. I couldn't find it, but found this thing that said "switch design," so I figured somebody had given it a new name, and clicked it.
Thanks, and sorry for the false alarm!
(Now, about the grocery store...)

Susan

Edit: But, the "print format" button is indeed no longer there, when I want to print a long format thread.

[Edited at 2009-04-09 12:32 GMT]

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
French to English
+ ...
Little printer icon on the bottom right of most, if not all pages Apr 16, 2009

Hi Susan,

I just found this thread.

You should see a small printer icon on the bottom of most pages:

Susan Welsh
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got it Apr 17, 2009

Thanks Colin. I did find it a day or so later. It is so tiny that an unwary user might think it a spec of dirt on the monitor, but indeed it is an icon!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What have you guys done to the home page?? (Staff: nothing)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »