Have emails from ProZ.com read Dear name, not number (B)
Thread poster: Carlos Moreno
Carlos Moreno
Carlos Moreno  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 06:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 25, 2003

This forum is called "What I would like to see in ProZ", and I invite all of you to drop in and contribute. Who will win with this? Proz? Yes, of course, but ultimately, it will be You, and you, and every ProZ member.

For starters, and to give you an idea about my purpose, there is a very little thing I don't like very much, and is SO EASY to correct: When I receive a message from ProZ, it reads: "Dear 14245..." That's not my name! It is soooo easy to read my name in the file and us
... See more
This forum is called "What I would like to see in ProZ", and I invite all of you to drop in and contribute. Who will win with this? Proz? Yes, of course, but ultimately, it will be You, and you, and every ProZ member.

For starters, and to give you an idea about my purpose, there is a very little thing I don't like very much, and is SO EASY to correct: When I receive a message from ProZ, it reads: "Dear 14245..." That's not my name! It is soooo easy to read my name in the file and use it instead of a number!

I am not complaining: I really like ProZ, and want to see it get better each day. This minor improvement, and many others that you will be suggesting, will help make ProZ a much better website each day.

Come on! Write your suggestion right now!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 20:55]
Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:26
English to Dutch
+ ...
ProZ.com Suggestions Aug 25, 2003

Carlos Moreno wrote:

For starters, and to give you an idea about my purpose, there is a very little thing I don't like very much, and is SO EASY to correct: When I receive a message from ProZ, it reads: "Dear 14245..." That's not my name! It is soooo easy to read my name in the file and use it instead of a number!

I am not complaining: I really like ProZ, and want to see it get better each day. This minor improvement, and many others that you will be suggesting, will help make ProZ a much better website each day.

Come on! Write your suggestion right now!

Aren't you referring to the following forum:

http://www.proz.com/forum/13

Created exactly for the purpose you're describing...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have emails from ProZ.com read Dear name, not number (B)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »