Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Michaela Müller
Michaela Müller
Germany
Local time: 09:57
English to German
+ ...
Thank you! Sep 29, 2003

Thanks for always taking suggestions made by members into consideration!

Michaela

Francis Fine
Francis Fine  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:57
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thank you very much Jason. And. also many thanks to Henry, and all other friends. Oct 16, 2003

Jason Grimes wrote:

I've added the option to put a Moneybookers payment link on profile pages. To add this feature to your profile, add a "Moneybookers payment email" on your "edit personal data" page:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=persedit

The Moneybookers link is slightly more involved than the PayPal link, due to differences in the way the two services operate. Instead of just a payment button in your profile, the Moneybookers feature requires the payer to enter an amount and currency before being redirected to the Moneybookers site. I hope no one finds this too inconvenient.

Please note that ProZ.com does not endorse Moneybookers, or PayPal either for that matter. Please do your own research before determining if you want to use either of these payment services.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Regards,

jg

auroranort
auroranort
English
The worst experience I have had so far Feb 1, 2004

I signed up for money bookers last summer (june 03) in oct 03 a customer paid me thru them. They were unable to link to my bank account in the rural USA. They did immediatly pocket funds from the money for their services, services which they could not complete. Over 300.00 they have been sitting on. I have given them my c card info my personal info my bank info my banks bank s info My utilitly bills and they still sit on my money. I hjave had hundreds of western union transactions from russia an... See more
I signed up for money bookers last summer (june 03) in oct 03 a customer paid me thru them. They were unable to link to my bank account in the rural USA. They did immediatly pocket funds from the money for their services, services which they could not complete. Over 300.00 they have been sitting on. I have given them my c card info my personal info my bank info my banks bank s info My utilitly bills and they still sit on my money. I hjave had hundreds of western union transactions from russia and Singapore and greece, I have had over 7 thousand paypal transactions, and thousands thru propay these guys at moneybokers have the most incompetant uncaring arrogant imbeciles I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. The worst thing you can do is let them at your money.Collapse

Eugenio 85
Eugenio 85
Local time: 10:57
Russian to English
+ ...
Moneybookers' Idea is fine for all having no Pay Pal in their countries! Feb 8, 2004

Lesley Clayton wrote:

Thank you very much.

Just asking for help. Where should I go to have an account with the Moneybookers ?
Thanks a lot . Translator: eugene65

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:57
English to German
+ ...
Go to the Moneybookers homepage Feb 8, 2004

Hi Eugene,
Where should I go to have an account with the Moneybookers ?

Go to www.moneybookers.com/, click on Register and follow the instructions.

Best regards, Ralf

Craft.Content
Craft.Content
Local time: 13:27
English to Hindi
+ ...
Bad experiences with Moneybookers ... Dec 8, 2004

auroranort wrote:

I signed up for money bookers last summer (june 03) in oct 03 a customer paid me thru them. They were unable to link to my bank account in the rural USA. They did immediatly pocket funds from the money for their services, services which they could not complete. Over 300.00 they have been sitting on. ... these guys at moneybokers have the most incompetant uncaring arrogant imbeciles I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. The worst thing you can do is let them at your money.

Yes, I too faced the same problem with them recently. A customer sent a payment through their U.K. based bank to Moneybookers, who too happen to be based there, incidentally. The transaction showed up in the bank's account statement on 17th November 2004. Another, similar transaction was made a week later. It is already 8th of December, and Moneybookers still haven't credited the customer's account in their books as yet! The worst part is, they do not bother to respond to any email reminders. A telephonic contact to their customer care triggers a taped message, reminding the caller that the service shall be charged at twenty-five cents per minute! The executive who finally took the call asked for snapshots of the bank statement detailing the entries, which too were emailed. This, too, happened on the 30th. There is a deafening silence from them, since ...

Cheers!!!

Sanjay.

Adil Sönmez (X)
Adil Sönmez (X)
Local time: 10:57
English to Turkish
+ ...
Moneybookers on the profile page Dec 12, 2004

Thanks for all comments.
But I need comments of the colleques actually collecting money by Moneybookers.

Craft.Content
Craft.Content
Local time: 13:27
English to Hindi
+ ...
I have used Moneybookers - with mixed experiences Dec 15, 2004

Hello again,

I have been using Moneybookers since Jan this year. My experiences are mixed. Apropos my earlier message, I have managed to receive my customer's payment into my account with MB. As usual, there is no email explaining the delay or apologizing for it.

Perhaps, they need to work on their PR, besides their infrasructure which fails them (and us) quite often.

Sanjay.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moneybookers on the profile page [Staff: OK]

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »