Mobile menu

Do not take job postings seriously
Thread poster: Telesforo Fernandez
Telesforo Fernandez
Local time: 15:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 7, 2001

I have followed and also posted my opinions on various discussions on job postings in this discussion page.

The memebers and the site Administrators have given their points of view on this thorny issue.

After going through all the views on this topic I feel that members are taking this job posting issue too seriously.The fact of the matter is that no one can control these job postings. So the best thing to do,is not to take seriously the jobs posted on the site. This is a site where anybody can post a job, as much as anybody can ask a term question. Henry, rightly described it as nothing but an open directory.

So there is no need to be too much cheesed up on jobs posted. Let us concentrate on making this site a veritable cooperative of the translators.

The real and most useful feature of this site is the term question section which is truly a great benefit to the community of translators and I would like to express my sincere thanks to Henry and his team for this wonderful \" First -aid to the translators\".( I f, I may say so).

So, let us not get worked up but the happy with the term questions section which is much more important and valuable than the jobs posted ,of which some memebers are aprehensive for various reasons.

Long live the fraternity of translators.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do not take job postings seriously

Advanced search

Lilt
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs