Addition of personalized filters
Thread poster: David Rockell (X)
David Rockell (X)
David Rockell (X)
Chinese to English
Mar 4, 2002

Proz is a great site and I admit to visiting every day. Although, it has only netted me one job in all the time I have been a member, I have enjoyed contacts with other translators, not to mention learning heaps of new vocabulary in various languages thanks to Kudoz. In recent days, there has been a battle royal in the postings which has been both entertaining and irksome. I realized today that I am being distracted from what I should be doing by feeling compelled to read and fume over the email... See more
Proz is a great site and I admit to visiting every day. Although, it has only netted me one job in all the time I have been a member, I have enjoyed contacts with other translators, not to mention learning heaps of new vocabulary in various languages thanks to Kudoz. In recent days, there has been a battle royal in the postings which has been both entertaining and irksome. I realized today that I am being distracted from what I should be doing by feeling compelled to read and fume over the emails of cyber-colleagues I have developed a strong cyber-distaste of. It ooccured to me today that on a member\'s main page there could be a filter option which would prevent the postings of any members postings you deem to be a vexation to the spirit from appearing on your computer screen. Therefore, If for example someone intensely disliked David Rockell for any one of many reasons, they could put my name into the personal black list and they would never see my comments, rantings, ravings, well anything at all, unless they later decide to declassify me. I am not a technical person so I don\'t now about the technical dificluties of such a suggestion. Ethically, it would seem to present little difficulty in that you would only be pulling the curtain on your own screen so to speak. I sugest this as an option rather than responding to another\'s emails in an unfriendly and inappropraite way. Might be a red herring. I have many bad ideas and this may well be one of them so please at least pick smallish stones to cyber-stone me with. Regards, Yet-to-be-filtered-out DavidCollapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Addition of personalized filters

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »