suggestions: agency ratings, peer comments, forum readability
Thread poster: Mary Worby

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:23
German to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2002

These are all really low priority stuff, but just ideas!

1) Agency ratings

Very good idea! But would it be possible to get an e-mail notification once a reply to an agency query has been posted.

Also, would it be possible to restrict the countries for which one receives agency queries. For example, I work for agencies in a very limited amount of countries, so if I could specify what countries I was interested in, I could cut down on the uninteresting e-mails.

KudoZ

Two ideas:

1) In the e-mail that tells you \'your answer has been peer-graded\', would it be possible to say who from? (Sometimes, you can guess, but sometimes it\'s not that obvious!) I find myself going back online to find out who has said something, so this could potentially reduce site traffic.

2) When an answer is selected on the basis of peer grades, would it be possible to tell the other answerers as well?

Forums

My suggestions are primarily about readability of the forums (fora?). I find it difficult to keep track of them. A tree structure would be good, as would e-mail notification if more replies had been received to a forum to which you had posted. But what I would really like, would be if the posts you had already seen could be displayed in a different colour, then it would be child\'s play to see the new stuff!

I\'m no internet whizzkid. It may be that none of these are feasible - if so, fair enough. But I hope this was at least constructive!

Regards

Mary

Direct link Reply with quote

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Local time: 13:23
German to English
+ ...
Excellent and feasible ideas Mar 4, 2002

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 14:23
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
some more suggestions, about translating this site Mar 5, 2002

I think Mary\'s are very good suggestions, and would like to make one more.

It took me some time to understand how I could help translating this site. I think I don\'t know every thing yet.

When I choose the target language I see this :

This table shows the names of the pages that are not yet completely translated, as well as the number of strings on each page that require additional work. Click on a number to help translate, check or vote on those strings.

I have a line where it\'s written :

number of strings (1023), untranslated strings(3), unchecked strings(0) and up to vote strings (2).

If I want to see the untranslated or up to vote strings there is no way (as far as I know) to go directly to them, and I have to click any times to change the page, until they appear (and in this case there are 1023 strings). It doesn\'t invite you to look when there are only a few strings.

The second point about translations: I suggested one that was accepted and then I realised there was a little mistake. It\'s impossible to correct it.

And the third point is that there are bad translations going on my pages in French. Where can I suggest corrections?

Thanks for improving. I like this site and when we make suggestions it\'s just to make much better.

Thanks again.

Claudia

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 14:23
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Another suggestion, thanks for the improvements Mar 29, 2002

Thanks for changing some things in the pages for translating this site. I noticed them.

I have been thinking about another improvement. When somebody makes a question and doesn\'t get an answer that could be because

1) It\'s too difficult

2) Every body is sleeping

3) Nobody likes the asker

4) It\'s December 31st.

If there was a counter in each question as there is one in some profiles, that could show the asker (and others) if it has been seen or not. May be it isn\'t as useful as I imagine. What do you think ?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

suggestions: agency ratings, peer comments, forum readability

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs