KudoZ: what if none of the answers is good?
Thread poster: Guylaine Vidal
Guylaine Vidal
Guylaine Vidal
Spain
Local time: 22:41
Spanish to French
+ ...
Mar 6, 2002

I consider myself as a serious translator in spite a the few experience I have.

Since I\'ve been working as a free lancer, I\'ve been using proz.com as a real professional web, full of very, very good translators.

I do use this page quite often when I am perforimg a translation, above all to solve the doubts I can\'t find anywhere else.

I try to be very precise in my questions but I have a very big problem at the moment of awarding Kudoz... What can I do if none of
... See more
I consider myself as a serious translator in spite a the few experience I have.

Since I\'ve been working as a free lancer, I\'ve been using proz.com as a real professional web, full of very, very good translators.

I do use this page quite often when I am perforimg a translation, above all to solve the doubts I can\'t find anywhere else.

I try to be very precise in my questions but I have a very big problem at the moment of awarding Kudoz... What can I do if none of the answers convince me? I sometime have the feeling that the answerers don\'t pay attention to the real question and sincerely don\'t help me... I\'ve seen a lot of forums where it was spoken about all the non professionals who where using the pros to do their homework. And what about all those \"pros\" who don\'t even read the question before answering???
Collapse

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Answered but unread questions Mar 8, 2002

Guylaine:

On this subject you might want to take a look at my post \"confused newcomer\" - I sometimes get the same impression.

Andy.
[addsig]

John Kinory (X)
John Kinory (X)
Local time: 21:41
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Hi Guylaine Mar 9, 2002

You can simply reject all the answers. It\'s as simple as that, I believe.
[addsig]

Jon Zuber (X)
Jon Zuber (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
You can ignore all the answers. Mar 9, 2002

Yes, in theory \"grading is an obligation\", but not grading is definitely a lesser evil than picking a wrong answer just to close the question. The grade of 1 is for answers that are \"somewhat helpful\", but if you sign off on an answer at all you risk seeing the answerer enter it into the glossary.

Guylaine Vidal
Guylaine Vidal
Spain
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is what I do... Mar 14, 2002

Actually this is what I usually do, but every day, Proz writes to me, asking me to grade my answers, and keeps on bothering my conscience!!!

Anyway, thank you all for your comments, I thought nobody had the same problem!!

Quote:

On 2002-03-09 21:05, Jon Zuber wrote:

Yes, in theory \"grading is an obligation\", but not grading is definitely a lesser evil than picking a wrong answer just to close the question. The... See more
Actually this is what I usually do, but every day, Proz writes to me, asking me to grade my answers, and keeps on bothering my conscience!!!

Anyway, thank you all for your comments, I thought nobody had the same problem!!

Quote:

On 2002-03-09 21:05, Jon Zuber wrote:

Yes, in theory \"grading is an obligation\", but not grading is definitely a lesser evil than picking a wrong answer just to close the question. The grade of 1 is for answers that are \"somewhat helpful\", but if you sign off on an answer at all you risk seeing the answerer enter it into the glossary.

Collapse

Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Local time: 16:41
Swedish to English
+ ...
Rejection not accepted Mar 14, 2002

I do recall several reminders from Proz.com once about grading one or two answers that I had rejected. How is this possible? Is it not a bit of an intrusion on the part of Proz.com keeping on doing this?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ: what if none of the answers is good?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »