Job posting only for platinum members (D)
Thread poster: Tina Vonhof

Tina Vonhof  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:01
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Dec 3, 2003

When sending out e-mails with jobs postings, would it not be possible to indicate that the job is offered to platinum members only?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 19:53]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:01
English to German
+ ...
Working on that Dec 3, 2003

Hi Tina,
This was discussed in a recent thread in the ProZ.com Tech Support forum. I have contacted ProZ.com staff and await their response.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards, Ralf

Birgit Joyce
Local time: 16:01
English to German
+ ...
Still working on it? Dec 3, 2003

I wish ProZ would solve this problem a little bit faster, I'm getting tirerd of responding to e-mails and then finding out they are not intended for people like me

Canada
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 4, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Tina,
This was discussed in a recent thread in the ProZ.com Tech Support forum. I have contacted ProZ.com staff and await their response.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards, Ralf

Thanks Ralf, I had not seen the other thread. I hope something can be done.

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not as simple as I thought Dec 4, 2003

Hi again,
This is not as clear-cut as I would have thought - apparently, there are numerous non-Platinum members who prefer to see these notifications even though they cannot access the related jobs (or only at a later point).

This means that the site needs to implement a setting where you have a choice - obviously, there's new programming and testing involved, so it may take a bit of time.

Best regards, Ralf

Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Amazing :-) Dec 4, 2003

Birgit Gerdes wrote:

I'm getting tirerd of responding to e-mails and then finding out they are not intended for people like me

New member, and already getting tired? Some people seem to always have to complain on something.

Instead, you may want to take a deep breath first and assess the value of this site and of the work done over the last 2-3 years to improve it.

And, man, has it improved...

Canada
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Like to see notification Dec 4, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again,
This is not as clear-cut as I would have thought - apparently, there are numerous non-Platinum members who prefer to see these notifications even though they cannot access the related jobs (or only at a later point).

This means that the site needs to implement a setting where you have a choice - obviously, there's new programming and testing involved, so it may take a bit of time.

Best regards, Ralf

Yes, I too would like to receive the notification but would like to know that I don't need to rush to see the actual posting.

Thanks for looking into it.

Regards, Tina.

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
I would like to be notified Dec 4, 2003

if the job is Platinum-only for a limited time, for I may want to put my bid once it's open to me, too. And I don't think I am the only non-Platinum who would prefer to receive notifications for such jobs. I hope this will be taken into consideration in this new arrangement... or maybe this is one of the reasons why it takes sophisticated programming -and hence time- to do it. It's really not easy to keep everyone satisfied, is it?

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Solution (at least for the time being) Dec 5, 2003

Hi all,
I believe the ProZ.com team have found a solution that is easy to implement.

For the time being, platinum-only job notifications will be sent to everyone, but the notification will indicate if the job is platinum-only and, if so, when that restriction will expire.

Let's see if that solves the issue.

Best regards, Ralf

Canada
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect Dec 5, 2003

Thanks Ralf, that is exactly what I was hoping for.

Tina

Birgit Joyce
English to German
+ ...
Steffens comment about new members Dec 5, 2003

there is another technical glinch that hasn't been solved yet: just because I lost all previous references, online passwords and e-mails, I had to re-register with ProZ. I'm actually not a new member but work with ProZ for many years by now. Too bad, I lost my platinum membership and all KudoZ Points when I lost my old login and can't afford upgrade as I had done once before. I think I'm entitled to make comments about slow fixes with online applications, I gathered my experiences in this field

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
That's fine Dec 6, 2003

for me, too, personally.

Thanks, Ralf.

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Did you contact ProZ.com? Dec 6, 2003

Hi Birgit,
While I admit that I wasn't too happy about the way Steffen worded his views, I must say there's quite a difference between the constructive way in which other members voice criticism and your posting.

Birgit Gerdes wrote:

there is another technical glinch that hasn't been solved yet: just because I lost all previous references, online passwords and e-mails, I had to re-register with ProZ.

Just to avoid misunderstanding: I take it you lost your personal details on your system. Why would this qualify as a technical "glitch"?

I'm actually not a new member but work with ProZ for many years by now. Too bad, I lost my platinum membership and all KudoZ Points when I lost my old login and can't afford upgrade as I had done once before.

Did you try the recovery procedure outlined in the FAQ?

What do I do if I forgot my password?

A single page is provided to handle all login related problems. From this page you may retrieve your username or change your password. The only information you need to know is your username OR the email address you used when registering with ProZ.com. Please see:

www.proz.com/?sp=new_password

Instructions on how to complete the process will be sent to the email address you used when registering with ProZ.com. Your username will be included in the email for your reference. If you wish to change your password, simply follow the link in the email within 2 hours. If you do not wish to change your password, you may disregard the email, and no changes will take affect.

What do I do if I forgot my username?

Please see "What do I do if I forgot my password?".

What do I do if I forgot my username AND password?

Please see "What do I do if I forgot my password?".

If that failed, did you submit a support request to the ProZ.com staff? I'm sure your details are still stored there.

I think I'm entitled to make comments about slow fixes with online applications, I gathered my experiences in this field

Of course you're entitled to comment - but wouldn't you agree that a constructive (maybe even friendly) comment goes a long way further than the tone of your original posting?

I hope the job notification issue has been resolved in a satisfactory manner.

Best regards, Ralf

Birgit Joyce
English to German
+ ...
you're right, I apologize Dec 8, 2003

Sorry, you are right, I should be constructive, not just angry about other people who don't know my problems. I'm in a much better mood today and publically appologize for feeling personally attact by a stranger. I'll concentrate on searching for solutions before critizising.

Thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Job posting only for platinum members (D)

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs