Mobile menu

Bouncing rights - do I have them?
Thread poster: jgal

jgal  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:37
French to English
+ ...
Jul 12, 2001

When my KudoZ score reached 100, I discovered I had bouncing rights, however there is one feature which seems to be lacking :

Bouncers can transfer questions between \'easy\' and \'pro\' status, but what about questions that are in the wrong category?

I\'ve noticed that many questions are put in the \'Tech\' section when they are decidedly not technical, or are stuck in \'other\', when they could be put in the correct category.

This would mean that translators really would only received questions that were relevent to them...

Also, in the list of current questions, there could be a column showing this category...

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxJon Zuber
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 13, 2001

It would be nice to be able to correct language pairs and directions too. Amazing how many of those are off (usually reversed).

Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:37
Partial member (2003)
Spanish to English
Sep 29, 2001

Agree with both previous postings. Especially if a question is in other and it shouldn\'t be, if you get the points it won\'t show any expertise in a particular field.

On changing the language pairs, I once pointed out that someone had posted a question to Swahili - English, when they meant Spanish, and he gave me points (although I didn\'t answer the question)! But I really don\'t want that to appear on my profile - it gives people the wrong impression!! (Can it be removed?)

Nikki Graham

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bouncing rights - do I have them?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs