proZ.com >> foreignword.com ??
Thread poster: urst

urst  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:34
German to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 9, 2002

I recently got a message from a Sevilla-based agency asking for my CV. So far so good. The odd thing is that they found my (proZ-)profile (obviously copy-pasted)on foreignword.com, which I never posted there! What happened? Is proZ related to that site? Or is someone out there retrieving info for their own benefit? Has this happened to someone else?

Startled,

Urst

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:34
SITE FOUNDER
I don't know anything about this... Apr 16, 2002

...but it should not be happening.

Direct link

murat karahan  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 13:34
English to Turkish
+ ...
foreignword.com Apr 21, 2002

I have just looked at their website and I\'m on their list too. In fact many of the translators in my language pair are on the list and it appears that they have just copied the information.

Hey, I\'ve looked at my info on that site. I have a Mac!!! I didn\'t know that. Sorry, I can\'t write anything further, have to go looking for the MAC!

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

proZ.com >> foreignword.com ??

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs