Clearer links for reporting problems to moderators (Staff: 'done')
Thread poster: Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:17
German to English
Jan 6, 2004

Hi, and a Happy New Year to all Proz users and staff!

I've read a number of forum postings lately about problems in the Kudoz arena, and I also noticed several moderators asking to be notified of issues before they get out of hand in future.

Many public forums incorporate links on every page which are clearly entitled "Report this Posting [ or this User] to a Moderator". Presumably these buttons are configured to provide the moderators with a direct link to the problem
... See more
Hi, and a Happy New Year to all Proz users and staff!

I've read a number of forum postings lately about problems in the Kudoz arena, and I also noticed several moderators asking to be notified of issues before they get out of hand in future.

Many public forums incorporate links on every page which are clearly entitled "Report this Posting [ or this User] to a Moderator". Presumably these buttons are configured to provide the moderators with a direct link to the problem posting, so that a quick and easy response can be made.

I know the moderators' names are listed on each Kudoz page. Even so I would like to suggest that a "Report this" button be placed beside any /all of the text fields known to be a source of conflict on Kudoz. Along with a Help (?) link to the basic rules of etiquette, just in case anyone is in momentary doubt as to whether another user has gone too far. What do you think?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 18:27]
Collapse

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:17
Dutch to English
+ ...
It would be nice Jan 6, 2004

It would be nice if that were the case (I have wondered about that a couple of times myself), but I do not know if it is a big job to put that it.

Happy New Year to you as well!
Lucinda

Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
It would be great Jan 6, 2004

I think that it would be great!
A REPORT THIS BUTTON along with a HELP one would solve a lot of problems.

"". Even so I would like to suggest that a "Report this" button be placed beside any /all of the text fields known to be a source of conflict on KudoZ. Along with a Help (?) link to the basic rules of etiquette, just in case anyone is in momentary doubt as to whether another user has gone too far. What do you think?

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Report this with optional CC Jan 7, 2004

would be great for all moderators sharing SCs. We're generally distributed over the time zones, but not always available, so fastest action may be taken either way.

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Great suggestion Jan 7, 2004

I also feel that the abusive behavior on Kudoz calls for immediate implementation of some measures to improve the means of control, and you can all be sure that En-De/Fr are not the only language pairs suffering this sort of behavior. In many cases, people feel bothered by such behavior at Kudoz, but don't take their time to contact a moderator. This may be due to several factors: not being sure whether "that particular behavior" really deserves a complaint or action, not feeling very comfortabl... See more
I also feel that the abusive behavior on Kudoz calls for immediate implementation of some measures to improve the means of control, and you can all be sure that En-De/Fr are not the only language pairs suffering this sort of behavior. In many cases, people feel bothered by such behavior at Kudoz, but don't take their time to contact a moderator. This may be due to several factors: not being sure whether "that particular behavior" really deserves a complaint or action, not feeling very comfortable to contact a moderator about a fellow colleague, not taking the time to write an e-mail, etc. Such a button that would serve an instant reporting function would stop the infinite hesitation process on the part of such users, and also several reportings about a single case would better encourage the moderators to take action. I do believe it's about time to enforce certain people to think twice before making abusive comments and even insulting their colleagues.Collapse

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Hey! The link is added :) Jan 8, 2004

Thank you again, Deborah, for having made this suggestion

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:17
SITE FOUNDER
Done - thanks, Deborah Jan 16, 2004

Thanks for the suggestion Deborah. We implemented it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Clearer links for reporting problems to moderators (Staff: 'done')

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »