Mobile menu

Suggestions for new forums (Mod:'done')
Thread poster: Pat Jenner
Pat Jenner
Local time: 17:38
German to English
+ ...
Jan 14, 2004

I recently disposed of a dictionary I no longer need to another member who was inquiring about it in the French forum. I was wondering whether there would be any interest in a 'marketplace' forum where members can post material that they are looking for or can offer to others. Also, what about an interpreters' forum?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 16:19]

Direct link Reply with quote

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:38
English to German
+ ...
Exchange Jan 14, 2004

There is something similar to a marketplace forum: Exchange.

You can find it in the Community menu.

Sonja

[Edited at 2004-01-14 14:11]

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 18:38
English to Dutch
+ ...
Simply check Jan 14, 2004

Pat Jenner wrote:

I recently disposed of a dictionary I no longer need to another member who was inquiring about it in the French forum. I was wondering whether there would be any interest in a 'marketplace' forum where members can post material that they are looking for or can offer to others. Also, what about an interpreters' forum?

http://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange

The 'marketplace' forum you mentioned has been in place for quite some time already.

An 'interpreters only' forum would indeed be interesting.

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 13:38
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Yes, but... Jan 14, 2004

the exchange forum is restricted to Platinum and VIDed members.

Pat Jenner
Local time: 17:38
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not quite what I meant Jan 14, 2004

I clicked on the link you kindly provided but this seems to be just language lessons. I have since found something more along the lines that I was suggesting under 'CAT / Translation Tools - Smart shoppers' but in this place it could easily be missed by those who are not interested in CAT systems.

Evert DELOOF-SYS wrote:

Pat Jenner wrote:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange

The 'marketplace' forum you mentioned has been in place for quite some time already.

An 'interpreters only' forum would indeed be interesting.

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:38
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
The six areas of the Exchange feature Jan 14, 2004

Pat Jenner wrote:
I clicked on the link you kindly provided but this seems to be just language lessons. I have since found something more along the lines that I was suggesting under 'CAT / Translation Tools - Smart shoppers' but in this place it could easily be missed by those who are not interested in CAT systems.

Dear Pat,

the Exchange feature is organized in six different areas:

• Language Lessons
  • Travel Advice
  • TMs (Translation Memories)
  • CAT Training
  • Books
  • Misc

Each of them is also divided in two sections, Offers and Requests. Just click on the tabs (top of the page) to explore all the areas and sections.

Gianfranco

[Edited at 2004-01-14 18:27]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestions for new forums (Mod:'done')

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs