Suggestions for Proz.com instant messaging system (C)
Thread poster: awilliams
awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:26
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 28, 2004

Could I make a couple of suggestions about proz.com's instant messaging system?

1. I'd like to see the message boxes relay previous conversations held with another member (maybe in the top half of the box?) - so that you have a record of your messages.

At the moment, as soon as you click on 'reply' the incoming message is lost - I was using the system tonight and clicked on reply before I realised that the e-mail address I was after in an incoming message had disappea
... See more
Could I make a couple of suggestions about proz.com's instant messaging system?

1. I'd like to see the message boxes relay previous conversations held with another member (maybe in the top half of the box?) - so that you have a record of your messages.

At the moment, as soon as you click on 'reply' the incoming message is lost - I was using the system tonight and clicked on reply before I realised that the e-mail address I was after in an incoming message had disappeared along with the rest of the message.
If you're discussing availability and rates for work it's handy to be able to see details on screen as you type.

2. Have messages come onto the screen without your having to refresh or change page. (Is this just me?)

It seems that the messages only come through when you switch pages or refresh. This can mean that you end up with a delay in getting the message, a delay in answering, the other member goes offline, they come back later and find the last message waiting for them, etc. etc. - not ideal!

I'm not sure whether either of these could realistically be changed but thought I'd try!

Enjoy the rest of the week,
Amy

Amy Williams
Italian and French>English translation
[email protected]
www.amywilliams.co.uk
www.proz.com/pro/43584

[Edited at 2004-01-28 22:43]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 19:31]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestions for Proz.com instant messaging system (C)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »