Mobile menu

Can others see my bidding history? (Staff: no)
Thread poster: Yngve Roennike

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:26
Danish to English
+ ...
Mar 19, 2002

I just discovered that one\'s bidding history is viewable to everyone. Is this correct, since I notice that Proz.com sometimes recognizes you uniquely as you log in? These bids were made confidentially, but there they are for the whole world to see. I would like an explanation from Proz.com, if possible, on this!!!

Direct link

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:26
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mystery solved - I think. Mar 23, 2002

The interface has in its sidebar my name and underneath it my job bid history. Apparently, or so I am hoping, this page appears only to me, and not to others. Will try to log in on a \"foreign\" or one that is not \"unique to me,\" and see what happens.

Direct link

isthmian
Local time: 05:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Big Brother is watching... Mar 25, 2002

And I thought nobody on the Internet knew that I m a dog!

[addsig]

Direct link

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:26
English to German
+ ...
No mystery... Mar 27, 2002

...this is just visible to yourself - as indicated by the fact that the link is shown in your \"personalised box\".

HTH - Ralf

Direct link

Palko Agi  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:26
English to Hungarian
+ ...
logout Mar 27, 2002

I think, if you logout every time you finish ProZ-ing, the computer will not recognise you at once.

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can others see my bidding history? (Staff: no)

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs