Mobile menu

Can others see my bidding history? (Staff: no)
Thread poster: Yngve Roennike

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:16
Danish to English
+ ...
Mar 19, 2002

I just discovered that one\'s bidding history is viewable to everyone. Is this correct, since I notice that Proz.com sometimes recognizes you uniquely as you log in? These bids were made confidentially, but there they are for the whole world to see. I would like an explanation from Proz.com, if possible, on this!!!

Direct link

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mystery solved - I think. Mar 23, 2002

The interface has in its sidebar my name and underneath it my job bid history. Apparently, or so I am hoping, this page appears only to me, and not to others. Will try to log in on a \"foreign\" or one that is not \"unique to me,\" and see what happens.

Direct link

isthmian
English to Spanish
+ ...
Big Brother is watching... Mar 25, 2002

And I thought nobody on the Internet knew that I m a dog!

[addsig]

Direct link

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:16
English to German
+ ...
No mystery... Mar 27, 2002

...this is just visible to yourself - as indicated by the fact that the link is shown in your \"personalised box\".

HTH - Ralf

Direct link

Palko Agi  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:16
English to Hungarian
+ ...
logout Mar 27, 2002

I think, if you logout every time you finish ProZ-ing, the computer will not recognise you at once.

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can others see my bidding history? (Staff: no)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs