Can others see my bidding history? (Staff: no)
Thread poster: Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Local time: 04:58
Swedish to English
+ ...
Mar 19, 2002

I just discovered that one\'s bidding history is viewable to everyone. Is this correct, since I notice that Proz.com sometimes recognizes you uniquely as you log in? These bids were made confidentially, but there they are for the whole world to see. I would like an explanation from Proz.com, if possible, on this!!!

Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Local time: 04:58
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mystery solved - I think. Mar 23, 2002

The interface has in its sidebar my name and underneath it my job bid history. Apparently, or so I am hoping, this page appears only to me, and not to others. Will try to log in on a \"foreign\" or one that is not \"unique to me,\" and see what happens.

isthmian
isthmian
Local time: 03:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
Big Brother is watching... Mar 25, 2002

And I thought nobody on the Internet knew that I m a dog!

[addsig]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:58
English to German
+ ...
No mystery... Mar 27, 2002

...this is just visible to yourself - as indicated by the fact that the link is shown in your \"personalised box\".

HTH - Ralf

Palko Agi
Palko Agi  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:58
English to Hungarian
+ ...
logout Mar 27, 2002

I think, if you logout every time you finish ProZ-ing, the computer will not recognise you at once.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can others see my bidding history? (Staff: no)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »