Thread poster: Sabry Hameed

Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 00:59
Member (2004)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 16, 2004

Form the very start of my being at proz.com, I wonder about this topic; I answer a question and have 5 peer comments AGREE, another one answers and get one peer comment DISAGREE and both of us get 3 browniz. So, what if the browniz be granted according to the number of comments and for the AGREE comments only. I want to know your opinion about that. Thanks

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 19:13]

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Killing the messenger Feb 17, 2004

and what if the "disagree" was the correct answer?

What HAS been considered is making the text field of "disagree" mandatory, so as to oblige the poster to give a reason. For example, when I disagree (I rarely use the button as I prefer "neutral"), I post a glossary link that explains my reason for disagreeing.

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Poster of peer comment gets BrowniZ Feb 17, 2004

sabry hameed wrote:

Form the very start of my being at proz.com, I wonder about this topic; I answer a question and have 5 peer comments AGREE, another one answers and get one peer comment DISAGREE and both of us get 3 browniz. So, what if the browniz be granted according to the number of comments and for the AGREE comments only. I want to know your opinion about that. Thanks

It is not the answerer but the person posting a peer comment (be it agree/neutral/disagree) who gets BrowniZ.

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
'disagree' is worthless if not explained Feb 17, 2004

... and in fact most people do explain, but I agree with Parrot - it should be mandatory IMHO.

It is often hard to add more to a well-explained answer, if the answerer has already said what needs to be said, backed it up with references and deserves 4 KudoZ points, so the comments must be optional when agreeing.

two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
BrowniZ & KudoZ Feb 18, 2004

sabry hameed wrote:

As Attila noted above, the browniZ go to the peer-graders. None of you answerers (in your example) get ANY BrowniZ. The answerer chosen by the asker gets 1 to 4 KudoZ.

Cheers,
Enrique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

1 browniz per peer comment (C)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs