Thread poster: Silvina Beatriz Codina

Silvina Beatriz Codina  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:32
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 19, 2002

Right now there is yet another job offering with a tight deadline (day after tomorrow) and no wordcount given! I just cannot bid for a job that is to be completed in two days without knowing if the wordcount it is going to be 200, 2000 or 20000! I might assume the outsourcer is a thoughtful person who understands that you just cannot do a job of, say 10000 words, in two days, but, well, I\'ve got nasty surprises in the past after relying on the wisdom of PMs

This is the nth time I see jobs posted in which either the wordcount or the deadline is missing. I wonder if it is possible to include the wordcount among the requirements asked when you post a bid. Also, to use different boxes for bid deadline and job deadline. I\'ve noticed that many clients think that the \"Deadline\" box is for the job deadline (which is, I believe, a logical conclusion), but the box refers in fact to the bid deadline, because the date you enter there appears under \"Do not bid after...\"

I think this would help translators to pinpoint which offerings are worth bidding for. This, of course, is particularly important for non-paying members, who have to pay money or BrowniZ to bid.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-19 20:30 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Local time: 05:32
German to English
+ ...
Fully agree Mar 19, 2002

These should all be made \"required fields\" (easy to program!). Frankly, I don\'t see why it should be soooo difficult to implement all these things once and for all .

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bid requirement list for outsourcers

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs