Thread poster: Silvina Beatriz Codina

Silvina Beatriz Codina  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:55
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 19, 2002

Right now there is yet another job offering with a tight deadline (day after tomorrow) and no wordcount given! I just cannot bid for a job that is to be completed in two days without knowing if the wordcount it is going to be 200, 2000 or 20000! I might assume the outsourcer is a thoughtful person who understands that you just cannot do a job of, say 10000 words, in two days, but, well, I\'ve got nasty surprises in the past after relying on the wisdom of PMs

This is the nth time I see jobs posted in which either the wordcount or the deadline is missing. I wonder if it is possible to include the wordcount among the requirements asked when you post a bid. Also, to use different boxes for bid deadline and job deadline. I\'ve noticed that many clients think that the \"Deadline\" box is for the job deadline (which is, I believe, a logical conclusion), but the box refers in fact to the bid deadline, because the date you enter there appears under \"Do not bid after...\"

I think this would help translators to pinpoint which offerings are worth bidding for. This, of course, is particularly important for non-paying members, who have to pay money or BrowniZ to bid.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-19 20:30 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Local time: 05:55
German to English
+ ...
Fully agree Mar 19, 2002

These should all be made \"required fields\" (easy to program!). Frankly, I don\'t see why it should be soooo difficult to implement all these things once and for all .

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bid requirement list for outsourcers

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs