Change (KudoZ) Answer/Comment and other buttons to shapes or colors (T)
Thread poster: Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:07
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Mar 22, 2004

Couldn't they be a little more ... funny?
Maybe different in shape or color?

Andrzej

bartek
bartek  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
They lack fantasy :-) Mar 22, 2004

and it's so easy to confuse them.

Kornelia Longoria
Kornelia Longoria  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:07
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Very good idea Mar 22, 2004

I think its a good idea.

Fabiana Papastefani-Pezzoni
Fabiana Papastefani-Pezzoni  Identity Verified
Albania
Member (2003)
English to Albanian
+ ...
If I only could... Mar 23, 2004

I am not telling how the site would like if it was up to me. Any one recognizes my office desk amongst many of them; any one recognizes my car or other things because they have many colorful things on them, many original and funny stickers. My stapler is a mouse-shape one, and so on. If it would be possible, I would be a happy woman, too.

Hope they consider this wish.

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
Best compliment Mar 23, 2004

to the site.

When people begin to ask for "embellishing the site" it means they are happy with the functionality of the site.

Good !

EKM
EKM
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
I like the layout as it is Mar 24, 2004

I'll take the risk of being a killjoy and a boring old fart, but I actually don't think the site should change its layout in any major way - except maybe for the sake of avoiding confusion, which is always a good thing.

ProZ.com is close to my ideal of a practical website - any site which is used frequently and for work should have mild colours so as to spare the eyes, be to the point and easy to navigate. I think ProZ has performed admirably in all of the above respects.
... See more
I'll take the risk of being a killjoy and a boring old fart, but I actually don't think the site should change its layout in any major way - except maybe for the sake of avoiding confusion, which is always a good thing.

ProZ.com is close to my ideal of a practical website - any site which is used frequently and for work should have mild colours so as to spare the eyes, be to the point and easy to navigate. I think ProZ has performed admirably in all of the above respects.

In my opinion, funny and quirky design should be reserved for sites used for humor or recreation.

The less details, the shorter the loading times of the site; and the importance of keeping loading times to a minimum can not be emphasized enough.

I would bet that the majority of the site members are still on 56K modem connections. Too much embellishment may cause a major disadvantage for those with a slow connection.

Less is more.
Collapse

Katia Perry
Katia Perry  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:07
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
That´s it, Dalhed. I fully agree with you. Mar 24, 2004

Mårten Dalhed wrote:

In my opinion, funny and quirky design should be reserved for sites used for humor or recreation.

The less details, the shorter the loading times of the site; and the importance of keeping loading times to a minimum can not be emphasized enough.

I would bet that the majority of the site members are still on 56K modem connections. Too much embellishment may cause a major disadvantage for those with a slow connection.

Less is more.

Katia Perry
Katia Perry  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:07
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I like it too Mar 24, 2004

I completely agree with Mårten. I see no point in changing the layout except in case the change may increase the functionality of the site.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change (KudoZ) Answer/Comment and other buttons to shapes or colors (T)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »