What is a fair price to charge
Thread poster: Hardy Moreno
Hardy Moreno
Hardy Moreno  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 31, 2002

Hello everyone. A client who sends me work every year around this time of the year, sent me work consisting of about 6 pages.

Each page was almost exactly the same as what I translated the year before. There were only a few minor changes, such as dates (changing 2001 to 2002, etc.) and a few other things.

I finished the job in about 1.5 hours. But, I\'m waiting for them to make the pdf files so that I can proofread the final work.

... See more
Hello everyone. A client who sends me work every year around this time of the year, sent me work consisting of about 6 pages.

Each page was almost exactly the same as what I translated the year before. There were only a few minor changes, such as dates (changing 2001 to 2002, etc.) and a few other things.

I finished the job in about 1.5 hours. But, I\'m waiting for them to make the pdf files so that I can proofread the final work.

What is a fair price to charge my client?

Collapse

Sarah Brenchley
Sarah Brenchley  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Price to charge Apr 5, 2002

Why don\'t you decide on an hourly rate to charge your client and charge by the hour (i.e. 1.5 hours or 2 hours) rather than a rate per word? This way you would solve the problem of what to charge.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is a fair price to charge

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »