https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/20480-bigger_bb_link_in_jobs_postings_d.html

Bigger BB link in Jobs Postings (D)
Thread poster: Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 20, 2004

Hi there!

I was looking at a job posting today.
As I always check the BB before even reading the job details, I noticed that this agency has a bad rating and was wondering how many people will contact them (they ask to be contacted by email) without noticing or forgetting to check the BB.
I know we're all supposed to know we *have to* check it but to help reminding, wouldn't it be a good idea to make the [Blue Board] link a bit bigger and more obvious? maybe adding "Don
... See more
Hi there!

I was looking at a job posting today.
As I always check the BB before even reading the job details, I noticed that this agency has a bad rating and was wondering how many people will contact them (they ask to be contacted by email) without noticing or forgetting to check the BB.
I know we're all supposed to know we *have to* check it but to help reminding, wouldn't it be a good idea to make the [Blue Board] link a bit bigger and more obvious? maybe adding "Don't forget to check the Blue Board" in bold type, flashing, or something like that?

My two pennies to raise awareness!!
Grace.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 16:58]
Collapse

mbc
mbc
Spain
Local time: 09:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
great point, grace Apr 20, 2004

thanks for your post, grace. i couldnĀ“t agree more.
madeline

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:58
Dutch to English
+ ...
Great Idea Apr 20, 2004

Hi Graciela,

This is a super idea and it would make people stop.

I hope that it is feasible.

Lucinda

Sabry Hameed
Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:58
Member (2004)
Persian (Farsi) to Arabic
+ ...
a larger area Apr 20, 2004

What if a larger area of the job page is assigned for the BB whether to check the gaency (if it is new to the translator) or rating it (if he worked in it before) to help others to estimate this agency.

Sabry

Joanna Mimmack (X)
Joanna Mimmack (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
Blue Board Apr 20, 2004

What concerns me is that recently several agencies with reputations on the Blue Board as non-payers or bad payers have advertised jobs (one a while ago advertised repeatedly for translators for their their database. I know this is an incentive to become a platinum member but I hate to think of those who aren't innocently applying to such agencies. Admittedly some, but not all, also feature in the free Yahoo Zahlungspraxis. I'd like to see these agencies banned from advertising but imagine it's n... See more
What concerns me is that recently several agencies with reputations on the Blue Board as non-payers or bad payers have advertised jobs (one a while ago advertised repeatedly for translators for their their database. I know this is an incentive to become a platinum member but I hate to think of those who aren't innocently applying to such agencies. Admittedly some, but not all, also feature in the free Yahoo Zahlungspraxis. I'd like to see these agencies banned from advertising but imagine it's not that easy until their transgressions reach a certain level. What do others feel?Collapse

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
exactly Apr 20, 2004

Joanna Mimmack wrote:
What concerns me is that recently several agencies with reputations on the Blue Board as non-payers or bad payers have advertised jobs

A good idea would be if ProZ, when sending out the posting, could add, e.g. between brackets, the average rating of the agency.
If this is not possible on the email, maybe on the same job page, so that when we open the page we already have an average rating. And from there we can go to the details of the BB.
The point is that it has to be made very obvious so noone forgets to check.

The problem with sime agencies is that they pay a few translators in time to keep them happy and get good ratings and then they deceive the rest, so you have mixed ratings of very happy and very annoyed people that might confuse the novices. And I suppose that having mixed ratings wouldn't be a valid reason to have them banned from posting because these attitudes would be so difficult to prove.

Grace.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bigger BB link in Jobs Postings (D)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »