Number of replies for KudoZ (T)
Thread poster: xxxpucoug
xxxpucoug  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:01
English to Hindi
+ ...
May 13, 2004

Hello,

The "KudoZ Term Questions" on the front page is a great way to see all the recent KudoZ questions and replies.

One small thing that I have noticed: If two people reply to a KudoZ question - it shows (2 replies) on the front page. But if one of those replies are deleted, it still shows up as (2 replies) on the front page. It would be nice if it updates the number of replies.

Thanks!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 16:34]

Direct link Reply with quote

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:46
English to Tamil
+ ...
I feel the question is not deleted May 15, 2004

But it does get hidden and is visible to the answerer and the moderators with a black background. And I think that they can be again made visible by the moderators. In fact the discrepancy in the number of total answers and that of actually visible ones will give a better idea of the reality.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
Why do we need to know there was answers deleted? May 15, 2004

Narasimhan Raghavan wrote:
In fact the discrepancy in the number of total answers and that of actually visible ones will give a better idea of the reality.

I don't see any advantage in knowing someone someone decided their answer was not right after all, or maybe that it appeared twice by mistake. Those answers are not options to choose from, so I don't see a point in counting them. I find it a little dissapointing, actually, to see questions in the list showing so many answers and then realize there isn't that many.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Number of replies for KudoZ (T)

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs