Mobile menu

KudoZ daily quota
Thread poster: xxxJon Zuber
xxxJon Zuber
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 17, 2001

In the forum \"Blocking from term help askers who have not graded 5-10 questions\", Gianfranco Manca wrote:

\"I definitely agree with the proposal of limiting the number of questions posted by a single person in a day, but... a person which finds himself/herself in trouble, once in a while, with more than the fixed limit of questions, may have problems and ProZ would fail to help, just when some help is most needed.

I suggest to implement a simple tiered system.

A fair limit for new members (3-5 questions max per day) and higher limit for members that satisfy some criteria.

More points should allow for more requests per day, for example: up to 10 questions in a single day for members having 50+ KudoZ, no limit for members having 100+ KudoZ.

After all, any member having 50+ KudoZ will know the basics of the ProZ netiquette.\"

[last 5 paragraphs omitted]

and, answering a recent KudoZ posting, Giovanni Guarnieri wrote:

\"Limitare le richieste a CINQUE al giorno. Un traduttore professionista non avrà mai bisogno di più di cinque delucidazioni per un testo medio di 3000-5000 parole. Chi ne richiede 20 o più non avrebbe dovuto accettare quel particolare lavoro, perché chiaramente incompetente in materia ...\"

([I propose] limiting requests to FIVE a day. A professional translator will never need more than five explanations for an average text of 3-5000 words. Those who ask for 20 or more should not have accepted that particular job, because they are clearly incompetent in the subject matter ...)

Giovanni\'s point is well taken, but what he has failed to take into account is that some of us do not post KudoZ questions as we go along. For example, the first thing I do is read over the text and pick out all the tough bits, the second is to find the ones I can on my own, and the third is to post the rest to KudoZ, all together, which I think is more efficient. And I have them out of the way at the beginning rather than piling up on me at the end, so I can sleep at night. They average 3-5 a day over the course of the job, but they come out in a big block. If a limit of such and so many questions a day is imposed, I think they should roll over.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ daily quota

Advanced search

TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs