KudoZ - allow for possibility for group to overrule a selected answer
Thread poster: Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:54
Italian to German
Apr 16, 2002

A wrong translation (http://www.proz.com/kudoz/183539) has just been awarded 4 KudoZ immediately after, and the roughly 20 people who came too late couldn\'t do anything else than express their strongest disagreement. What about introducing the possibility to take away unmerited KudoZ if a certain number of people (possibly each having a certain minimum KudoZ score) disagree and/or the winner himself/he... See more
A wrong translation (http://www.proz.com/kudoz/183539) has just been awarded 4 KudoZ immediately after, and the roughly 20 people who came too late couldn\'t do anything else than express their strongest disagreement. What about introducing the possibility to take away unmerited KudoZ if a certain number of people (possibly each having a certain minimum KudoZ score) disagree and/or the winner himself/herself admits it (e. g. by agreeing to one of the later proposals, as in this case)?Collapse

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:54
German to English
+ ...
Sounds like a good idea! Apr 17, 2002

Many people grade almost immediately thus depriving themselves of more possibilities and often better answers.

I still think a mandatory waiting period should be implemented before grading an answer. But - alas! - even then people sometimes pick the worst of all possible answers.

Trudy

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:54
English to German
+ ...
Contact the moderator(s) Apr 17, 2002

The issue of a mandatory waiting period has been discussed extensively in these forums, without any clear recommendation.

What you should do if an incorrect entry has been posted to the glossary is to contact the moderator(s) for the language pair in question. Although this won\'t change the allocation of KudoZ, you ensure that the glossary is correct. Also, what I generally do in the event of a wrong answer being awarded is to contact the asker, pointing out what I think is
... See more
The issue of a mandatory waiting period has been discussed extensively in these forums, without any clear recommendation.

What you should do if an incorrect entry has been posted to the glossary is to contact the moderator(s) for the language pair in question. Although this won\'t change the allocation of KudoZ, you ensure that the glossary is correct. Also, what I generally do in the event of a wrong answer being awarded is to contact the asker, pointing out what I think is correct.

Having witnessed the extent of bickering that goes on about a few KudoZ, I doubt whether a \"take-them-away\" scheme would be beneficial - I guess we would see a proliferation of verbal in-fighting...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ - allow for possibility for group to overrule a selected answer

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »