Thread poster: jccantrell
jccantrell
jccantrell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:27
Member (2005)
German to English
Apr 18, 2002

I realize that this might have been covered before, but would it be possible to split KudoZ points among more than 1 answering party?

I have asked questions in the past that were not your run-of-the-mill questions. As a result, none of the responders could really offer a solution. Rather they provided suggestions or confirmation of my translation.

In such a case, I feel that those who took time to read the question and think about an answer deserve some
... See more
I realize that this might have been covered before, but would it be possible to split KudoZ points among more than 1 answering party?

I have asked questions in the past that were not your run-of-the-mill questions. As a result, none of the responders could really offer a solution. Rather they provided suggestions or confirmation of my translation.

In such a case, I feel that those who took time to read the question and think about an answer deserve something for their effort, provided that they were in the same ballpark as everyone else. Is it possible to provide the capability to split the Kudoz points among two or more responders?

This would give everyone who answers something, would allow me to still give them all to the only one who answered correctly (if that is the case), or permit me to weight the points based on my perception of the value of the responses.

It should still be limited to a max. of 4, and people could still award only 1 point if the answers were not enough help.

What do you all think about this?

If there already was a discussion, point me toward it. Thanks.
Collapse

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:27
German to English
+ ...
Agree with JC Apr 18, 2002

I, too, would like to have the option of splitting points. Many people have expressed this desire in their \"thank you\" notes.

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:27
English to Spanish
... or give out BrowniZ Apr 19, 2002

Another idea would be to give KudoZ to the most useful answer, as usual, but to be able to also give out BrowniZ to other answerers for going to the trouble of doing research, for complementary information, etc.

Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Splitting KudoZ points?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »