Thread poster: jccantrell

jccantrell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:09
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 18, 2002

I realize that this might have been covered before, but would it be possible to split KudoZ points among more than 1 answering party?

I have asked questions in the past that were not your run-of-the-mill questions. As a result, none of the responders could really offer a solution. Rather they provided suggestions or confirmation of my translation.

In such a case, I feel that those who took time to read the question and think about an answer deserve something for their effort, provided that they were in the same ballpark as everyone else. Is it possible to provide the capability to split the Kudoz points among two or more responders?

This would give everyone who answers something, would allow me to still give them all to the only one who answered correctly (if that is the case), or permit me to weight the points based on my perception of the value of the responses.

It should still be limited to a max. of 4, and people could still award only 1 point if the answers were not enough help.

What do you all think about this?

If there already was a discussion, point me toward it. Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:09
German to English
+ ...
Agree with JC Apr 18, 2002

I, too, would like to have the option of splitting points. Many people have expressed this desire in their \"thank you\" notes.

Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:09
English to Spanish
... or give out BrowniZ Apr 19, 2002

Another idea would be to give KudoZ to the most useful answer, as usual, but to be able to also give out BrowniZ to other answerers for going to the trouble of doing research, for complementary information, etc.

Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Splitting KudoZ points?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs