Mobile menu

New Site User Information
Thread poster: Roberto Robles
Roberto Robles
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 19, 2001

Hello.

I didn\'t want to barge in any forum with a specific topic and ask unrelated questions so I\'m hoping some of you will come in and help me with some info.

I came to Proz 4 days ago and find it the best in its kind. I\'ve been connected everyday while working answering Kudoz and such.

But... what are brownies? How do you get them? I got 3 and don\'t know what I did... hey I got 9 now! I\'m assuming brownies are positive, are they?

And.. when a kudoz answer I offer is selected the email message suggests I enter the term in the glossay... I click the link and it takes me to the question page... how do I get the term in the glossary?

Finally... how safe is it to advertise my real name and personal info in the site? On registration I decided not to, then I changed my mind, now I don\'t know. Has anybody had a problem with this? I ask this because we are told again and again to use internet resources wisely and disclose our information on a very tight basis...

All answers are appreciated. I hope to be of service to you all in the system.

Roberto

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Site User Information

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs