Mobile menu

Web references (that move, but shouldn't)
Thread poster: Derek Gill Franßen

Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:33
German to English
+ ...
Jul 24, 2004

I think the whole layout of this site is great! Its functions allow a lot of creative freedom, they make it a great tool for researching and helping others understand what they are translating.

I do have one suggestion: the web references should by anchored to the post they are entered with. They move down as notes are added, which is not always good if the added notes lead to an opinion that differs (or is derived) from the original suggestion.

To get around this I post the copy the web references directly into my answers and notes - they stay where they are.

My suggestion would be either to anchor the web references entered into the spaces provided with the original answer, or to do away with the spaces provided all together (and do it like I do).

On that note, if one were to keep the spaces provided for web references, then spaces should also be provided for the added notes - all should remain anchored to these as well.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Web references (that move, but shouldn't)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs