Web references (that move, but shouldn't)
Thread poster: Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:18
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jul 24, 2004

I think the whole layout of this site is great! Its functions allow a lot of creative freedom, they make it a great tool for researching and helping others understand what they are translating.

I do have one suggestion: the web references should by anchored to the post they are entered with. They move down as notes are added, which is not always good if the added notes lead to an opinion that differs (or is derived) from the original suggestion.

To get around this I pos
... See more
I think the whole layout of this site is great! Its functions allow a lot of creative freedom, they make it a great tool for researching and helping others understand what they are translating.

I do have one suggestion: the web references should by anchored to the post they are entered with. They move down as notes are added, which is not always good if the added notes lead to an opinion that differs (or is derived) from the original suggestion.

To get around this I post the copy the web references directly into my answers and notes - they stay where they are.

My suggestion would be either to anchor the web references entered into the spaces provided with the original answer, or to do away with the spaces provided all together (and do it like I do).

On that note, if one were to keep the spaces provided for web references, then spaces should also be provided for the added notes - all should remain anchored to these as well.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Web references (that move, but shouldn't)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »