Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:09
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Aug 3, 2004

G'day

I edit the TA page for SATI and I see that there are 5 Proz.com members who claim to hold SATI credentials. Most of those claims are false. I have access to the SATI database and I can tell which people have in fact been accredited by SATI. Is there a way in which I (or any other moderator type of person) can moderate or verfiy (or unverify) these claims?

I suppose I could e-mail gianfranco, but I'd have to e-mail him/her again and again when it comes to my attention that another Proz.com member has falsely claimed SATI accreditation. Any comments?

==

I've just checked, and apart from two Proz.com members for whom no details are mentioned, none of those who claim to be accredited by SATI are in fact accredited by SATI. There is an up to date list of all persons accredited by SATI on SATI's web site:

http://www.translators.org.za/indexes/accreditees.htm

One of these Proz.com members is an agency and claims SATI accreditation, but SATI does not offer accreditation to agencies (only to natural persons).

[Edited at 2004-08-03 07:02]

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:09
SITE FOUNDER
This topic will be raised in the future Aug 3, 2004

... and we will ask for your assistance then.

Alejandra Villarroel  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 06:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem here (Chile) Sep 6, 2004

But it's even worse I guess.
People will lie not only about professional accreditations or affiliations, but also about their education!
OR they will report just any institution as an accreditation body even if they only sell dictionaries.
What's the word?... Pathe***
ALE

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:09
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any progress on this issue? Jan 7, 2005

Henry wrote:
This topic will be raised in the future and we will ask for your assistance then.

Thanks, Henry. What's the latest on this matter?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ways to verify credentials for Translator Associations

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs