Thread poster: Cilian O'Tuama
Nazim Aziz Gokdemir
Nazim Aziz Gokdemir  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:51
English to Turkish
+ ...
I'm creating a list of people right now, starting with B... Sep 8, 2004

Brandis wrote:
One could actually take a series of screen shots, save to local disk to sort by name. Just recording the legend of an asker.
Geeks
Brandis

Wow, this does save time and make Cilian's life easier. Once he clicks a question and saves the next screen as a screenshot, he'll know who the asker is and he won't have to click the question!

Wait...

Wait, it's a joke...

No, wait...

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 01:51
English to German
+ ...
actually it is more work Sep 8, 2004

Nazim Aziz Gokdemir wrote:

Brandis wrote:
One could actually take a series of screen shots, save to local disk to sort by name. Just recording the legend of an asker.
Geeks
Brandis

Wow, this does save time and make Cilian's life easier. Once he clicks a question and saves the next screen as a screenshot, he'll know who the asker is and he won't have to click the question!

Wait...

Wait, it's a joke...

No, wait...
Hi! well, it doesn´t make life easier, but gives good exercise, in developing a feeling for type of asker, based on the type of questions put.
Geeks
Brandis

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Geeks? Sep 8, 2004

Brandis,

Much as I hate to stray from the subject.....

.....Are you using the word "geek" in the vocative?

Puzzled from Barcelona,
Andy

Brandis wrote:

Brandis wrote:
Geeks
Brandis

Wait...

Wait, it's a joke...

No, wait...
Hi! well, it doesn´t make life easier, but gives good exercise, in developing a feeling for type of asker, based on the type of questions put.
Geeks
Brandis

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
you´ve got the point Sep 8, 2004

Brandis wrote:
Geeks
Brandis

Wait...

Wait, it's a joke...

No, wait...
What good is this list for! Brandis

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)
Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)  Identity Verified
The thread is gone! Sep 8, 2004

"How do I hide my name in posting a KudoZ question?"

http://www.proz.com/topic/24540[/quote]

I was curious about who would want to remain anonymous and why, but now the thread referred to in Aziz's message is gone! Can someone explain what happened? I mean, why was it deleted!

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Guilty! Sep 8, 2004

I confess, I hid the thread.

That member was asking how to ask in an anonymous way and I had the weakness of answering to him, but as we don't want to encourage such a practice I decided to hide both, the question and the answer.

Claudia

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)
Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)  Identity Verified
So we caught you, eh? ;-) Sep 8, 2004

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

That member was asking how to ask in an anonymous way and I had the weakness of answering to him, but as we don't want to encourage such a practice I decided to hide both, the question and the answer.

Claudia

The penitence for such a terrible sin might be a load of comments about censorship from other Prozians!!!

Now, seriously, thanks Claudia, for letting us know!

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
probably, there was never a name mentioned Sep 8, 2004

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios wrote:

"How do I hide my name in posting a KudoZ question?"

http://www.proz.com/topic/24540

I was curious about who would want to remain anonymous and why, but now the thread referred to in Aziz's message is gone! Can someone explain what happened? I mean, why was it deleted![/quote]

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:51
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Not guilty :) Sep 8, 2004

Dear Claudia,

Claudia Iglesias wrote:
Claudia

I cannot imagine any reason why a proZ member might want to ask his or her questions anonymously (besides that the person asks that many questions that colleagues stopped to answer these!), so I think you've done the right thing to do. A wrong practice, indeed!

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
questions would not emitt Sep 8, 2004

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

Claudia
if both asker and answerer are published, there would be certain transparency.
brandis

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
he should call himself anonymous Sep 8, 2004

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

Claudia
yes, that would be right!brandis

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
why do you do such things Sep 8, 2004

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

Claudia

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
What's the problem, Brandis? Sep 8, 2004

I don't understand why you're quoting three times my message and neither what you're asking.
In the same message that you're quoting I explain why I did "such a thing".

You must have seen in the forums the complaints about anonymous askers, haven't you? You must have read comments from people who say that they stopped answering to anonymous askers. Well, me too.

Yesterday there was a request from somebody who said that he needed to ask in an anonymous way. I saw s
... See more
I don't understand why you're quoting three times my message and neither what you're asking.

You must have seen in the forums the complaints about anonymous askers, haven't you? You must have read comments from people who say that they stopped answering to anonymous askers. Well, me too.

Yesterday there was a request from somebody who said that he needed to ask in an anonymous way. I saw somebody in need of help, and I helped him giving a piece of advice that isn't even worth two pesos because I thought that anybody could have that idea. At the same time I was aware that it should look like a "go ahead" to ask anonymous questions. And my colleagues moderators told me that. So the question and the answer were hidden. Is this explanation clear enough now?

Thanks for your understanding

Claudia
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
thank you! Sep 8, 2004

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

Yesterday there was a request from somebody who said that he needed to ask in an anonymous way. I saw somebody in need of help, and I helped him giving a piece of advice that isn't even worth two pesos because I thought that anybody could have that idea. At the same time I was aware that it should look like a "go ahead" to ask anonymous questions. And my colleagues moderators told me that. So the question and the answer were hidden. Is this explanation clear enough now?

Thanks for your understanding

Claudia
I am a bit slow minded-brandis

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the mess, everyone Sep 9, 2004

This was intended as a serious suggestion. Is there any way of removing the last 10 or so additions?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Include asker's name in overview page?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »