Directory search by country (P)
Thread poster: Alejandra Villarroel

Alejandra Villarroel  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 02:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 6, 2004

I mean, including all language pairs and areas of expertise at least for the first screening.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 14:41]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:46
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Included in the new translators' directory Sep 15, 2004

Alejandra Villarroel wrote:

I mean, including all language pairs and areas of expertise at least for the first screening.


Dear Alejandra,

this function is already available in the new upcoming directory, where it will be possible to select a view by Country regardless of any other parameter, language, specialization or else, and then refine further the search later.
I believe that this is exactly what you intended and briefly described...

Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 02:46
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
already available ? Sep 15, 2004

Gianfranco Manca wrote:
this function is already available in the new upcoming directory, where it will be possible to select a view by Country regardless of any other parameter, language, specialization or else, and then refine further the search later.


Is it already available or is it upcoming?

I suppose that Alejandra meant to be able to look for all the translators living in Chile, regardless the languages they work on, which would be very useful for Powwows, for example.

Claudia


Direct link Reply with quote
 

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:46
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Existing for testing but not yet available Sep 15, 2004

Dear Claudia,
sorry about my wording, probably not perfectly clear.

I meant to say that the feature is already existing for testing purposes, but not yet available to the public. That explains my enigmatic "already available in the new upcoming directory".

I should have said "already existing in the new upcoming directory, but not yet available to the public until official release"

I hope this is more clear now.
Gianfranco


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 02:46
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
These are very good news Sep 15, 2004

Thanks Gianfranco, it's very clear and it makes me very happy.

Claudia


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Alejandra Villarroel  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 02:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
JUST GREAT! Sep 15, 2004

I'll have to strike it out of my wishlist, and YES Claudia, I thought of that option just as I was organizing our last powwow.
ALE

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

Dear Claudia,
sorry about my wording, probably not perfectly clear.

I meant to say that the feature is already existing for testing purposes, but not yet available to the public. That explains my enigmatic "already available in the new upcoming directory".

I should have said "already existing in the new upcoming directory, but not yet available to the public until official release"

I hope this is more clear now.
Gianfranco



[Edited at 2004-09-15 19:09]


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Directory search by country (P)

Advanced search






SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs