Thread poster: Natalie

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:51
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Aug 30, 2001

When I joined ProZ.com some time ago, there was no possibility for the newbies to squash questions or peer-grade answers. One had to gain these privileges by earning a certain amount of points (100, I guess). Now I am observing how a newbie who has registered at the site a couple of weeks ago and has 10 points or so \"peer-grades\" all the answers, adding offensive comments (with lots of grammar mistakes) which have nothing to do with peer-grading. I am sure, that both PEER-GRADE AND SQUASH OPTIONS SHOULD BE DISABLED for people who have not yet shown what are they worth!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Peer-grading and etiquette

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs