Thread poster: Araksia Sarkisian
Araksia Sarkisian
Araksia Sarkisian  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:49
Armenian to Polish
+ ...
May 12, 2002

I was really cofused several times trying to find the Armenian language in the list of the language pairs. Every time there is a strange: \"zzz Other zzz translation \" ...

I suppose, you are aware of the disturbing influence of such an \"ignorance\" to one of the unique and ancient languages of the world, which alphabet dates to 362 A.D.and practically is not changed till now!

We have the same 39 letters (36+3) which our ancestors used many-many years a
... See more
I was really cofused several times trying to find the Armenian language in the list of the language pairs. Every time there is a strange: \"zzz Other zzz translation \" ...

I suppose, you are aware of the disturbing influence of such an \"ignorance\" to one of the unique and ancient languages of the world, which alphabet dates to 362 A.D.and practically is not changed till now!

We have the same 39 letters (36+3) which our ancestors used many-many years and centuries ago...Can you imagine that feeling?

In Erevan, the capital of Armenia, there is an Institute of the Ancient Manuscripts, where one can find (and research) thousands of unique Works of ancient philosophers, mathematicians, lawyers, astronomers, historians from the late 4th and early 5th centuries and, which is most important for our translator\'s community, a lot of translations of the ancient scholars from greek, latin and other languages of the time...

Some translations of Aristoteles and other greats are still the only original copies, due to the tragic fire of the Alexandrian library in the IV century and now many scientists all over the world use to go to Armenia, learn Armenian language, so to have an unique chance to read the original old manuscripts.

Sorry for this a little bit emotional posting, but one of the oldest languages of the world needs more respect to itself from us, than this universal ZZZ...

Don\'t you think so?

And we can find also the Armenian National Language Support site (Armenian NLS for Windows) where the unique Armenian fonts are available to be downloaded as well.

Hope, I didn\'t bother you...

Araksia SARKISIAN

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-15 00:45 ]
Collapse

John Kinory (X)
John Kinory (X)
Local time: 14:49
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Yes! May 13, 2002

I agree completely!
[addsig]

Araksia Sarkisian
Araksia Sarkisian  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:49
Armenian to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your support!....:) May 15, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-05-13 19:35, Yoni wrote:

I agree completely!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »