Mobile menu

Request : small forums for teams (staff: 'in beta testing')
Thread poster: ALAIN COTE
ALAIN COTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:30
Japanese to French
Jan 13, 2005

Hi. Would it be possible to have "small forums" for ProZ teams ? It would be great to have a "private place" where members of a team can communicate with each other and coordinate their activities as a team. I already created a small forum for my team, but I would prefer to do it inside of ProZ, with a link to access the team's "mini-forum" from our profil page.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-01 21:59]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-01 22:02]

Direct link Reply with quote

Sara Freitas
Local time: 04:30
French to English
I second the motion! Jan 13, 2005

Great idea, Alain. Hopefully it can be implemented easily by Proz!

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:30
Italian to English
It could be in the pipeline... Jan 13, 2005

Hi Alain,

At the ProZ conference in Oxford, I mentioned to Henry that some time ago I set up an invitation-only Yahoo group for IT>EN wine translators. The group has proved popular with members, whether active wine translators or just interested lurkers.

Henry agreed that ProZ could usefully make it possible to set up similar moderated groups for specific sectors in various language combinations. Messages would be posted by members only but the message archive could be public, which would help people to decide whether they want to join or not.

In the case of my group,, the original members are translators with whom I have worked for many years but in fact there are no criteria for membership. I am happy to send an invitation to anyone who is interested enough to ask for one.

I realise we are talking about slightly different things (group-specific and topic-specific forums/lists) but the mechanism is the same and there is room for both on ProZ.

[Edited at 2005-01-13 11:32]

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 22:30
Thanks Giles, Alain Jan 13, 2005

It is a good idea. I have written to you offline Alain. I'll let you know, Giles, when we have something.

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 22:30
Private forum option in beta testing Jan 29, 2005

We have set up Alain's private forum and are ready to extend the program to other interested members. Please enter a support request if you are a platinum member and want to give the private forums a try. Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Request : small forums for teams (staff: 'in beta testing')

Advanced search

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs