Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:23
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
May 21, 2002

Hello everybody,

I am relatively new to this site (became a member on 7 May 2002), and I don\'t know whether this had been a forum subject in earlier ProZ periods (I checked only the most recent suggestions page). To my knowledge, the function described in the subject line is not yet integrated in the KudoZ question posting system.

Therefore my proposal is to integrate a feature in the KudoZ questions site which, after having entered the term or phrase to be translated, automatically guides you to an overview of existing ProZ glossary entries containing your term (or phrase) in the relevant language pair and possibly also field of expertise (including fuzzy search mode). This way, people could be directed straight to glossary check before having to post a (possibly redundant) question, a necessity which is forgotten all too often. I think this function could filter out some degree of KudoZ site traffic. (Justified) responses from other ProZ members saying \"check glossaries first\" would no longer be received.

Hope this is of any interest to you all out there. Any response greatly appreciated.

Steffen

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Links vs. integrated function May 21, 2002

Hi Steffen,

Although the subject has been discussed before, I believe you raised a valid point: although there are a number of hints and pointers reminding users to check the glossaries before posting a question, all too often this is simply ignored.

This was also discussed in the ProZ moderators\' forum; I believe we might see this function - bear in mind that these things take time to be realised.

luskie
English to Italian
+ ...
wow! Jun 5, 2002

what a great idea!!!

cheers

luskie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Direct glossary check link prior to actual posting of questions

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs